cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 7 not connecting to network

Catherine1962
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried all the trouble shooting tips I can find.

14 REPLIES 14

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Catherine1962 

My sister is using an iPhone 6 with PM SIM…no issues.

Sounds like a porting issue. Did you reply with YES to confirm you are porting over with the old SIM in your phone?

It is the most important step in the porting.

The new Public Mobile SIM card not wokring in the phone/not connecting to the network isn't a porting issue. Even with a failed port, there would still be a network connection.  Data would work, and ougoing text messages and outgoing phone calls would also work.  Someing incoming text messages and some incoiming phone calls would also work as long as they originale from within Telus.

@Catherine1962 

My sister is using an iPhone 6 with PM SIM…no issues.

Sounds like a porting issue. Did you reply with YES to confirm you are porting over with the old SIM in your phone?

It is the most important step in the porting.

lunalightning1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay my bad network is running but what i said about the card swap is a must for porting over. Hope this helps

@lunalightning1   " have to ask is anyone else having an issue with not connecting to the network right now?"

Working fine in my part of Ontario.  Last few times I've looked at the Telus outages map there have been outages in BC and Alberta.  You might want to check that.

lunalightning1

tried in the last minute and appears the network is down. In seeing you are a new customer adding a new sim its really important to follow the swap over from your previous provider exactly as instructed keeping your previous providers sim and connection going until precisely the right moment as to swap. Then only do you insert the public mobile sim and for me had to reset network setting to get it to work . I am using my phone in the south surrey area and have no network connection at the moment. I would also have to ask is anyone else having an issue with not connecting to the network right now?  If thats the case you must wait for the network to be up and running. I believe it down now

@Catherine1962   "r the number not yet ported over?"  Did you get a text message on your old provider's sim asking you to authorize the port, and you replied YES before putting the PM sim in the phone?

Catherine1962

New SIM not working in either phone.

Catherine1962

Hello,

Thanks for the input.

Same phone different Public Mobile SIM and it works.

Problem with the SIM or the number not yet ported over?

This may be a stupid question, @Catherine1962 , however i gather the device has worked before, with another provider?

Can you try another SIM card (from a friend/relative/neighbor) to ensure the device can (in fact) connect to a mobile network?

While you're at it, try your recently activated Public Mobile SIM card in another device to see if it can connect to the network.

lunalightning1

i think the network is down right now.  I have also been trying to connect on my samsung s29 fe and it is showing no internet connection and all of my settings are correct . It has not been an issue for me in the past but is at the moment so i would suggest giving it a bit of time. If you are just connecting for the first time i would suggest to reset network settings on your phone but like i say id wait a bit because your post i see 35 mins ago and im having the same problem,

@Catherine1962  You can contact customer service at this link if the suggestions by @HALIMACS  don't help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

They'll reply to your community inbox at the envelope icon top right, or at Messages in a drop down from your avatar.

Catherine1962

New customer, physical sim

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine1962 

If you are within the service area, try rebooting your device and resetting network connections.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine1962   Are you a new customer, or are you an existing customer and this is a new problem?  Are you using a physical sim or an esim?

Need Help? Let's chat.