cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 13 pro max SOS network

Jay1999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, 

My iphone 13 pro max I've had for a little over a year now suddenly doesn't have connection to the public mobile network. I've been with public mobile with a physical sim for over 6 months now with this iPhone with no issues. However randomly today around 8pm the phone lost connection with the network. In the top right corner it says SOS. I've tried putting my phone to airplane mode, hard and soft reset of the phone, took the sim out and put it back in, and checked my account online and its still in good standing with no missed payment issues. In the iPhone settings in network it says phone not allowed. So I'm concerned if my phone got imei blocked or if it is the public mobile network itself being down, I live in Mississauga. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

9 REPLIES 9

FanLin

My iphone 12 pro has a same problem, I powered off my phone and restarted it again, SOS sign disappeared, and phone was back to normal. I do not know why. but power off and restart work!

Jay1999

Putting in a ticket with customer service was the way to fix things. Thank you so much 

Jay1999

I never use betas I had bad experiences with a beta before for battery life on my iphone. I'll try to fully reset my iphone just have to back up all my data first. 

@Jay1999 

if the sim works in another phone, it is not the account issue.

Btw, any chance you are using iOS beta ?  Beta OS could be an issue sometimes, we had incidents from beta os before

if you can find a friend with Telus or Koodo or another PM customer, test their sim card

What I also suggest you to try is to fully reset your iPhone with the PM sim card inside. 

Jay1999

Yes I did a network reset of the phone already. I already used that website to check the imei and it's clean. It says it's not blacklisted. I also put my public mobile Sim card in another iphone and it works in the other phone. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jay1999 

Did you try a network reset of phone?  This will erase any saved wifi settings.  

Even though it worked with a Roger's SIM card, I would still check the device:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Might also want to put your PM SIM card in another working phone.  That would help determine whether PM service issue versus hardware problem. 

Jay1999

I checked and there is no service outage in my area. Thank you I'll get in touch with public mobile customer service

@Jay1999 

If you have been on PM for 6 months and things are working fine until now.

Check to see if there is an outage in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

If everything looks fine then DM a CS_Agent to investigate. They will get back to you tomorrow morning. Their hours are 9:00am to 10:00pm EST.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Put in a ticket now so they will DM you back in the morning.

Jay1999

Update: I was able to get hold of a Rogers sim card and the network works. So my phone is not imei blocked. 

Need Help? Let's chat.