cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim error

Gulfam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to use my old sim that I used to have with public mobile and now I'm trying to use that same sim again however it keeps giving me the error invalid sim. I tried using different web browsers and even waiting 3 hours, still not working, do I have to pay 10$ again to get a new sim even though I already have one ? Seems like such a waste. Let me know.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gulfam wrote:

I tried to use my old sim that I used to have with public mobile and now I'm trying to use that same sim again however it keeps giving me the error invalid sim. I tried using different web browsers and even waiting 3 hours, still not working, do I have to pay 10$ again to get a new sim even though I already have one ? Seems like such a waste. Let me know.

It IS a total waste and rip off. Technically it would be a piece of cake. But they like the new revenue of dropping grandfathered plans and charging again for a new SIM.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Gulfam wrote:

@Gulfam  Previously activated sim cards cannot be used once you port out or your account is deleted you need to use a new sim and a new email and must startover like a new customer.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gulfam Once an account is no longer active with a particular SIM, that SIM becomes spent and no longer usable for anything. 

chelsealzl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Yeah as stated above, if your plan has expired and is inactive for more than 90 days, the account would be deactivated. Is that the case? Or else, regularly the time-outs should be about 1 hour.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

if it has been more than 90 days then yes sorry

Need Help? Let's chat.