cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim

slickrick90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My iPhone shows "invalid sim". I tried restarting it multiple times however it keeps showing up as "sim failure". I tried putting the sim into other phones and it shows the same message.

HELP!!!!

10 REPLIES 10

@slickrick90

If you tried the above suggestions, you might need to get a new SIM card. 

But, you might want to try the lost/stolen phone trick first.  Not sure whether it would work in your situation, but it might and does not hurt.  

Report your phone lost/stolen in self service account.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login.  Report your phone found.  Re-boot phone

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@slickrick90 wrote:

The sim was working for the past 4 months in that very same iPhone. I switched phones briefly and then switched back (briefly as in a few minutes). 

I've encountered "Invalid SIM" or "No SIM Card Installed" upon returning the SIM card after testing/using it in other devices. For me, cleaning the contacts or re-seating the SIM card in the tray has usually resolved the issue.

Try cleaning/buffing the contacts gently with a cloth to remove fingerprints or other contaminants. If re-seating it in the tray and re-inserting into your iPhone (and possibly power-cycling it) doesn't resolve it, then there's a possibility the SIM card has been zapped, and you'll need to get another one for $10, and transfer your account to it.

Consumer SIM cards are intended to be "consumable" and can degrade with static, humidity, shock, etc. SIM Card manufacturers such as Gemalto actually have more resilient "ruggedized" SIM cards for harsher applications, but these are rarely in the hands of consumers.  I just mention it because SIM cards can/do go bad...

slickrick90

Hi,

The sim was working for the past 4 months in that very same iPhone. I switched phones briefly and then switched back (briefly as in a few minutes). 

I tried updating my phone as well factory resetting it. My account is also active. I tried the sim in other phones and it doesn't work.

Llyr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same issue. I finally fixed it by rebooting the phone completely. Backup your info and then reboot. It should work.

@rajan_92

The website is finicky.  You can try another web browser, clearing cache or going into incognito mode/privacy mode.  Also waiting 1-2 hours between attempts might be another idea.  

@slickrick90

You might want to offer some more details surrounding your issues with "invalid" Sim.  Were you activing like above, or a old customer which suddenly showed that issue??

rajan_92

I triedd online. i went through all options first time, but the weboage crashed. when i tried later, they say invalid sim.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rajan_92 wrote:

@popping

i tried to loginbut they said email not recognized that means my account has not been activated yet.

Did you activate you account online or in-store?

If you activate online, your self-serve account will be created at the end of activation process after paying.

If you activate in-store, you will send a PM email asking you to create your self-serve account.

rajan_92

@popping

i tried to loginbut they said email not recognized that means my account has not been activated yet.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slickrick90@rajan_92

Login to your self serve account.

If you account status Active on your overview page?

Did you tried the procedures on this Apple support page?

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201420

rajan_92

Hi there, same problem happened with me. I was trying to activate new sim. I am trying public mobile first time. i have some negative reviews about public mobile signal strength. Now, i faced problem is activation too. unbelievable.

Need Help? Let's chat.