cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim

valentina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all! I am trying to make a switch from Rogers. Got my sim card, created an account with Public Mobile, tried activating my new sim card, but got an error "Invalid Sim". 

My phone is unlocked so this should not be an issue. I also tried logging in using my account info, but no luck. 

Right now my Rogers sim card is working fine. I can make calls and send messages. 

When I insert PM sim card, it shows Public Mobile network, but I cannot make calls or send messages.

Hoping to get this resolved asap as I want to get the 4GB 90day plan before the offer expires...which is tomorrow. 

Thanks in advance for any tips.

7 REPLIES 7

valentina
Is not verified.
Also when I try the SIM card, I get the same message saying calling is not an option for my plan or smth like that.

valentina
Update: received an email that my pin and account have been set up. But I still cannot log in, even when I click "forgot password" it tells me the email address

valentina
@Saray_O will tagging help?:)

valentina

YES! thats what I get when I try making a call with new sim. 

Is my only solution to get this resolved, speaking to them? I sent an email but I don't know if I can have this resolved fast enough..

Because the activation site returned an error message, the system didn't properly activate your service. 

The good news is that your phone is compatible (which I'm sure you already knew).  it seems to me as if Public Mobile has activated your sim card, assigned you a phone number, but for some reason or another, never bothered to attach a plan to your account.  If you try to make a call, does it give you some pre-recorded message about not being subscribed to a calling plan?

valentina

Iphone 6S

jeremyesq
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
What phone are you using?
Need Help? Let's chat.