cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim Card

Kaimmoua
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had bought a PM Sim card a while back and had finally put it into my unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4.  It worked for a couple days, however earlier tonight, it started saying Invalid Sim Card.  Restarting the phone and even a factory reset does not fix the problem.

6 REPLIES 6

Dan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It could be that the SIM card is defective, do you have any other unlocked (or Telus/Koodo locked) phones that you could try it in?

And also, just to rule out the phone itself, can you try someone else's SIM card in your phone (from any carrier)?

Kaimmoua

After looking through that, I don't think that's the problem.  The S4 was originally locked to Fido but I went through them and got an unlock code.  So when I first put in the PM Sim Card, it asked for the unlock code and I put it in, which unlocked the phone for use with any carrier.  Like I said before, I was able to text/call/use data for the couple days after activating the sim card but now it's just invalid.  I didn't touch the phone intenally in that time frame, so it's hard to believe that it could be hardware, though these older phones do seem to have more problems, so I can't just rule that out either.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I found this in a google search.  Invalid SIM may have something to do with UICC lock.  I don't own any Samsung devices, so not really sure what it is all about.  Worthwhile checking it.  If this is the solution, shame on Samsung for being such control freaks. 

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Board/Galaxy-S4-quot-Invalid-SIM-quot-first-hand-experience-...

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@Kaimmoua

If your account is active and your service stopped randomly, you'll need to send a private message to the moderator team. Click here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/22...

Include your name, phone number and an explanation of the problem.

Kaimmoua

What do you mean by a service a carrier has cancelled?  Does that possibly mean that PM had randomly cancelled my service?

@Kaimmoua wrote:

I had bought a PM Sim card a while back and had finally put it into my unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4.  It worked for a couple days, however earlier tonight, it started saying Invalid Sim Card.  Restarting the phone and even a factory reset does not fix the problem.

Invalid sim card or similar is usually someone that a phone says after a service from a carrier has been cancelled.  If you can try your sim card in another phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.