cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

Tokyospice
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I have been overseas and not using my phone and I suspended my subscription a few months ago. I read that if you leave your number unactivated then you can't get it back after three months so I was careful about the timing. Today is three months. I went to reactivate my SIM but it says INVALID SIM each time. I've checked and re-checked the SIM number. I've tried in Chrome and Firefox and have used Incognito mode. What is my next step? I don't want to lose my cell phone number!

Thanks!
K

11 REPLIES 11

HI @Tokyospice 

if the account was closed not too long, it is possible

best to check with CS agent.   please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437     

But even they agree to give you back the number, you will need to activate quick, might need to ask a friend to help you to buy sim card in Canda and send you the sim card  # for activation

Tokyospice

Okay, I understand. Can I still keep my number if i get a new sim card?

-K

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Tokyospice 

you shouldn't need to reactivate an old sim.  what it meant is your account already passed the 90 days!!

You simply cannot reactivate a deactivated SIM. It's impossible. Once the unique SIMID has been deactivated, it is permanently removed from the network registries. It's basically good for nothing except filling the slot in phones which need the slot filled before they'll let you do Emergency calls.

A SIM is never deactivated if the attached IMSI (subscriber account) is still active or still suspended. A SIM is automatically deactivated when the attached IMSI (subscriber account) is automatically terminated (because of suspension and non-payment for greater than 90 days). These processes are automatic and the system was designed that way to minimize SIM-based frauds, to protect both the subscribers and the operators from very serious problems. The world is littered with billions and billions of forever-expired SIM cards. No operator has ever sold a SIM card which can be re-used.

If you let your account TERMINATE from being inactive too long then it's gone. Forever. You waited too long.

HI @Tokyospice 

you shouldn't need to reactivate an old sim.  what it meant is your account already passed the 90 days!!

I would check with CS agent and confirm.  if it missed a day or two, they can help, but you need someone to help you to buy a new sim card and activate a new account

please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437     

Tokyospice

I can log in and choose a new plan but it then bumps me right to reactivation but won't accept my SIM.

Tokyospice

I can log in but it bumps me right to reactivation but then won't accept my SIM.

Tokyospice

Yes.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Tokyospice 

Timing is important.  We usually recommend re-activating your plan several days before 90 days just in case there are issues.  

You need to pay for your plan to re-activate.  Key question is whether you can login to your self service account.  If you are able to, then immediately re-start your plan.  If you are unable to access self service account, you likely went over the 90 days and your account is permanently closed.  

You do not need to start a new activation process for your SIM card.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Tokyospice  Are you still able to log in to your account?  

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you leave this countdown to the last day or the last few days then you'll be in trouble.

I get it, people don't want to waste money paying twice for the same thing. You're already paying for a plan at some other provider, it still has days left. Why pay for something you're not using, right?

But if the phone number, account, plan, add-ons, promos, points, rewards, etc are worth saving then it's worth paying for a little overlap - a few weeks - to keep them in your possession.

@Tokyospice I wish you luck. Maybe if you act fast and maybe if Public Mobile's customer support agents act fast and maybe if everything just happens to align perfectly and move swiftly without delay, your account might be saved. Maybe.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tokyospice 

It is not 3 months. It is 90 days without renewing. After 90 days without renewal your account is automatically closed. 

Need Help? Let's chat.