cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

JessB84
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve been with PM for years, and suddenly today my phone says “invalid sim” SOS only. I took the SIM card out and put it back in, and now it says no sim. Help! 

10 REPLIES 10

@JessB84 wrote:

edit to add - when I take the SIM card out and put it back in, it works for a few mins then goes to invalid/no sim again. Account is active, the phone is not new I’ve had it for a few years. 

@JessB84 - that fact that is works for a few minutes make me think the contacts are not making good connections inside the SIM slot in your phone. 

Asking for someone else's phone to test your SIM card in would be the best test here. If it works in another phone without issue, than something is damaged or dirt/debris could be clogging something inside the SIM slot area. Try lightly shaking out any miniscule debris from the phone slot with the sim slot holder removed. A gently blow off to the side maybe too. After cleaning the best way you can, insert the sim card back in and restart the phone.

@JessB84 

did you just recently buy this phone ? Is it a used phone ? Could be reported stolen or blacklisted as suggested.

JessB84

I don’t have one available 😞

@JessB84 

just worry your phone got blacklisted

for peace of mind, check

https://www.verifierappareil.ca/en/check-status-device-canada/

JessB84

edit to add - when I take the SIM card out and put it back in, it works for a few mins then goes to invalid/no sim again. Account is active, the phone is not new I’ve had it for a few years. 

JessB84

Yes my account is active!

JessB84

Not a new phone, I’ve been using it for a few years!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JessB84 

Try to reseat the sim card once more but wipe it clean first

and is this a new phone? how long you have been using this phone?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JessB84 , have you checked the online account to ensure that it is in active status?  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JessB84 

try that sim in a different unlocked phone to see if it'll work.

Need Help? Let's chat.