cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM at activation

skunkworks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Trying to activate a new SIM card with a payment voucher.

All went well until I tried to input the payment voucher PIN, and got a "generic error" and had to start over. Now I get an "Invalid SIM" error at the activation page.

Solution?

thanks

S

8 REPLIES 8

jal_wong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you tried cavemantoronto suggestion of trying the SIM in your phone?  I had the same issue on Saturday registering my SIM and got the generic error during the registration wait.  The SIM did work after waiting 20 mins after getting the generic error.

skunkworks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Na still getting the Invalid SIM error -- and no response yet from moderators..

If i just buy a new sim card will the payment voucher still be good i wonder.. Im not too happy to spend $70 on trying to get some mobile phone access.

jal_wong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the same error but I was using a credit card instead of a voucher.

The SIM is active it just too the system a while for the processing.  I think they're really loaded due to the $30 promo

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@skunkworks wrote:

Hello,

All went well until I tried to input the payment voucher PIN, and got a "generic error" and had to start over. Now I get an "Invalid SIM" error at the activation page.

Solution?

thanks

S

@skunkworks if you're still waiting for a response from the moderator team you might want to give the activation one more try. 🙂

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@skunkworks wrote:

Hello,

Solution?

thanks

S

Could be delay in voucher pin working. Some stores update them at end of night. So maybe try again later. If it didn't activate, it should work later. Sim number gets marked as used when activations fails, that's why the need to wait.

Does sim work? Maybe error message was the error and.everything is activated already?

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried refreshing your webpage? You may want to try clearing your cache on your browser and using ingognito mode.

chelsealzl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your sim card may be lcoked in a time-out for now. Try again in about an hour. If it still doesn't work, then definitely contact the moderators like @GinYVR mentioned. good luck!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@skunkworks There is a good posibility that you will need to contact the Moderators to get it all figured out.. the link is here.. expect up to 48hours + for a response depending on workload.

Need Help? Let's chat.