cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM Card -Sumsung S5 (NEO)

spm0r1n
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Issue:

I have recently moved over from Bell and brought 4 lines over. Two of the phones are working fine after activation and porting those numbers over. I have two others, both Samsung S5 Neo that keep getting Invalid Sim card error.

Troubleshooting so far:

confirmed the phones are unlocked from Bell and verified the unlock codes

I have swapped one of the working SIM cards into one of the Neo's and it does not work.
I have place one of the "bad" SIM cards into one of the working phones and it does work.
This would lead me to think that the issue is with the phone, and I may be in the wrong area, but the is for the SIM card?

Are Samsung S5 Neo's compatible on the Public Mobile network?
Will a factory reset work? Am I able to make another "deeper" change to the phone?
I do have an order in fro two new SIM cards, but I am not sure that will make a difference.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

@spm0r1n 

How did you verify the unlock codes with bell? Did you enter them on the NEO's while on the phone ? They are most certainly locked and bell agents have given false information in the recent past of phones being unlocked when they are not. Some agents just don't have the brain power to understand that phones prior to 2018 are locked to the carrier.

Call again reminding them that as of Dec 2017 all phones are to be sold unlocked and mobile providers are required to supply the unlocking codes to their phones upon request, without delay and no charge. Surely they want to comply with the WCC and not have to answer to a CCTS complaint. You should have the codes supplied forthwith.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@spm0r1n 

Is "Public Mobile" showing on the top notification bar?

If not, something is wrong with the Samsung S5 Neo.

Is there any error message?

Don't use the the two new SIM cards you just ordered.  You current SIM cards are working with your good phone.  Use it for more accounts or refer your friends.

Back up your data on Samsung S5 Neo if you want to keep them.  Perform a factory reset.  It may work.  YMMV.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@spm0r1n wrote:

Issue:

I have recently moved over from Bell and brought 4 lines over. Two of the phones are working fine after activation and porting those numbers over. I have two others, both Samsung S5 Neo that keep getting Invalid Sim card error.

Troubleshooting so far:

confirmed the phones are unlocked from Bell and verified the unlock codes

I have swapped one of the working SIM cards into one of the Neo's and it does not work.
I have place one of the "bad" SIM cards into one of the working phones and it does work.
This would lead me to think that the issue is with the phone, and I may be in the wrong area, but the is for the SIM card?

@spm0r1n  From your tests above you just proved that it's not a sim card issue. If all phones worked with Bell then they are compatible and will work on the Public Mobile's network. From what you described the problem phones are still locked and that is why the are not working.

Are Samsung S5 Neo's compatible on the Public Mobile network?
Will a factory reset work? Am I able to make another "deeper" change to the phone?
I do have an order in fro two new SIM cards, but I am not sure that will make a difference.

Won't make a difference don't waste the cards try and get your phones unlocked.

Thanks

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Just to update my last post. Looks like all 5 models of Neo should work on PM.

I'd still suggest starting with talking to Samsung Canada live chat for the unlock codes once again.

Screenshot_20200426_144801.jpg

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Since the sims are working in your other phone..it's not a sim card issue it's likely a hardware issue.... checking (one model)willmyphone  work as well as older posts on here the NEO does work.

What is the exact error message on your phone?

What model is your neo?as I only checked one on willmyphonework.

Are you certain that the phones are unlocked?

I'd suggest you go to Samsung Canada website and open a live chat with them and request the Unlock code once again directly from them. 

Let us know.

• Screenshot_20200426_144300.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.