cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Phone number Suggested Outside Canada

Mary-Olive
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Public Moblie card and now I’m traveling outside Canada. The number doesn’t show and it suggests nothing, no signal, no number... So how can I do with that? Do you have any service like the WiFi Calling function of the T-mobile which can enable us to use this number outside Canada? Help, please!!!!

16 REPLIES 16

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Well I was thinking she was referring to getting another T-Mobile sim card but now that I realize the OP was maybe questioning if it would work using the T-Mobile network with a pm roaming add on then maybe? I only say that because the bf had bought a second hand Sonim XP-8 that had been purchased thru telus. He had let his plan suspend and to our surprise his phone utilized wifi calling on our home internet even without an active plan. So in theory if the OP has had wifi calling enabled on their phone by T-Mobile and they are connected to their network then it could work? Or it could still work because it's been enabled? But it's YMMV.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM plans work in Canada only.

Exception is service in US where you can buy appropriate add-on

US Roaming for 10 day packages

Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20

Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15

Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8

Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8

U.S. Data Only for 10 day packages

250MB = $10

500MB = $15

1GB = $20

For all other countries, some you can call if you have long distance add-on but when There you will not be able to use your PM service at all.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM service will work only in Canada and US if you bought appropriate US add-on.

PM does not provide service outside North America through any means.

@darlicious wrote:

@Mary-Olive 

WiFi calling is enabled thru the provider so if you had it before with T-Mobile you will have it again with them.

HI @darlicious , but we don't have Wifi Calling.  So, if OP buy US Roaming and connects to T-Mobile, it still does not mean  she will get Wifi-Calling in US with her PM SIM on roaming, right?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mary-Olive 

WiFi calling is enabled thru the provider so if you had it before with T-Mobile you will have it again with them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Mary-Olive wrote:

Thank you so much! Just to clarify, is there no wifi calling for PM? Because I've bought T-Mobile USA SIM card before, and I could use it outside America through wifi calling. 

HI @Mary-Olive   If you are in US longer than 10 days, get their prepaid SIM, like AT&T as you said.  It is cheaper and will give you more data.   With PM, their roaming plan is not cheaper, it is a bit of work to renew after 10 days as well

Mary-Olive

Thank you so much! Just to clarify, is there no wifi calling for PM? Because I've bought T-Mobile USA SIM card before, and I could use it outside America through wifi calling. 

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mary-Olive, as many has suggested you would have to buy US Roaming Add-on's if you want to use Public Mobile to place calls from the USA.  Your current plan works in Canada only.  And if you want, you can actually shop around to see other carriers in the USA offer cheaper plans and you can buy a SIM card while in the USA and install it in your phone while you are at USA.  Do NOT lose your Public Mobile SIM card.  You will have to swap the SIM card back when you come back to Canada.  Be sure to turn off your cellphone before swapping SIM cards. 

And as I have suggested in another thread, you can also call from any of the online chat app like skype or wechat if your plan includes lots of data or you have access to readily available wifi.  And since you will be in USA, you might even be able to apply for an account with Google Hangout and place calls using Hangout. 

Happy traveling in the USA!  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mary-Olive 

If you have free wifi download fongo or textnow for free calling and texting while on wifi. Then you can decide whether you want to purchase a pm 10 day US roaming add on. If you do top up your account with the funds first then choose the roaming add on, confirm and submit your purchase. Reboot your phone and enable roaming. Manually choose at&t or T-Mobile.

You can recieve incoming texts on your pm phone without a US roaming add on so you may want to choose just a US roaming data add on and use either fongo for calling or textnow for calling and outgoing texts while on wifi or using your mobile data.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Mary-Olive   there is no wifi calling for PM

If you buy Addon service that has Talk component, you will be able to make and receive phone calls on your PM number

Please note that PM's roaming are in all 10 days , 240 hours.  Here are the add-ons they have:

Spoiler
Bundle - US Roaming - Talk Text (10-day) - $15.00 (10 Reward points)
Bundle - US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10-day) - $20.00 (15 Reward points)
Data - US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day) - $20.00 (15 Reward points)
Data - US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day) - $10.00 (5 Reward points)
Data - US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day) - $15.00 (10 Reward points)
Text - US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day) - $8.00 (5 Reward points)
Talk - US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day) - $8.00 (5 Reward points)

Mary-Olive

Thank you very much! It helps a lot!

Mary-Olive

Thanks for your help! So if I bought the add-on service in the USA, could I use the wifi calling function?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mary-Olive   You will need Roaming service to use the phone outside Canada.  However, PM ONLY offers roaming add-on for USA.  Which country you are at?

No, there is no Wifi Calling for PM.  

A quick workaround is to use VoIP app such as TextNow  They are free, you get another phone number and people can call you just like a regular number.  You can also call and receive calls anywhere you have Wifi or Mobile Data.

for Mobile Data, consider getting local prepaid Data plan.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Mary-Olive 

your PM service working only in Canada. 

out Canada you need to Purchase Add-Ons through Self Serve (publicmobile.ca)

for service in U.S. Roaming (publicmobile.ca)

or try to use that app Talkatone, Free canadian number,

Talkatone: Texting & Calling – Apps on Google Play

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mary-Olive  Public Mobile does not offer Wi-Fi calling.

As you're outside of Canada. The only options that Public Mobile offer is if you're in the USA. You have to buy a 10 day USA roaming add-on. There are no options for other countries but USA.

Log into your account and click "Purchase Add-on". Then you will see the USA options available to you. They're all 10 days. It starts as soon as you buy.

Two steps to buy an add-on.

1- Add money to your account

2- Buy the add-on.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

All inmarket plans are for use in Canada ONLY.

It you are in the USA, then there are Roaming Addons available to purchase that last 10 day. Call 611 to add them or log into self serve to purchase them as well.

If outside North America, sorry, no PM services. Try wifi calling/text apps or local sim cards.

Need Help? Let's chat.