Did you mean: 

Interrupted port from Telus to PM

D3F3ND3R
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good evening community,

I recently switched to PM and have a:

1. Account with PM

2. A PM SIM card

3. A PM plan ($15 / 100 min, unlimited text)

Unfortunately during the setup process, I ran into the problem of a few 'generic errors' including the one where I tried to port my old phone number from Telus to PM.  As a result, I have a PM SIM card that does nothing (no service), but my old Telus SIM card still works.  Do I have to message the moderators to get assistance with this matter (complete the port process)? 

I've visited a Telus store and asked for help from Telus on-line and they say there is nothing on their end preventing me from porting my number to PM. There is also nothing they can do to help me port it to PM.

Thanks for any assistance!

D3F3ND3R 

4 REPLIES 4

@D3F3ND3R wrote:

Hi Dunkman,

Thanks for the reply. My credit card was charged $15 and my account shows up as active. Will definitely contact a moderator!

It's fortunate that your Telus sim still works. After moderators have fixed your account and make your phone work, there will be a short time after they ask Telus to port to Public when incoming phone calls won't work on Public's service.  Keep using Telus until it stops working.

D3F3ND3R
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Dunkman,

Thanks for the reply. My credit card was charged $15 and my account shows up as active. Will definitely contact a moderator!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@D3F3ND3R wrote:

Good evening community,

I recently switched to PM and have a:

1. Account with PM

2. A PM SIM card

3. A PM plan ($15 / 100 min, unlimited text)

Unfortunately during the setup process, I ran into the problem of a few 'generic errors' including the one where I tried to port my old phone number from Telus to PM.  As a result, I have a PM SIM card that does nothing (no service), but my old Telus SIM card still works.  Do I have to message the moderators to get assistance with this matter (complete the port process)? 

I've visited a Telus store and asked for help from Telus on-line and they say there is nothing on their end preventing me from porting my number to PM. There is also nothing they can do to help me port it to PM.

Thanks for any assistance!

D3F3ND3R 

@D3F3ND3R  From what you describe it sounds like you account is not properly activated. Even if there is an issue with the port you should still be able to connect to the Public Mobile network and use your phone to make calls and send texts.

To troubleshoot do the following:

1.  Login to your account and make sure your account shows activated
  2. If account is activated then remove your PM sim power down your phone wait for a couple of minutes then reinsert your PM sim card and see if your are connecting to the PM network.
  3. If you are still having problems after trying 1 and 2 you should contact the Moderator_Team for help. 

Once you are able to connect to the PM network then you can worry about the port. 

Edit: If your account is not activated you might want to try the activation process again. Other clients in the past have reported that they had to go through the activation again to get their servie up and running.

Hope this helps.

Similar to this post.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Oh-no-It-looks-like-something-went-wrong-b...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@D3F3ND3R 

Did your $15 plan initially work at all before porting? Were you already charged for $15 plan on your credit card?  If you were charged, you will need to contact moderator to complete port.  Expect 1-2 day wait though.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If your credit card was not charged and your plan never was active, you can try to activate and re-port your SIM card.  Clearing cache, trying a different web browser, going into incognito mode sometimes will work.  Chrome incognito works well.  You might want to wait in between attempts.  

Need Help? Let's chat.