Internet

Ohhcello
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 4g but it really slow what imma supposed to do

12 REPLIES 12

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ohhcello - choose LTE. "LTE is the technology behind 4G"

Edit, yeah same as @dust2dust posted abovesorry my post was pending too long to catch their post before me....and previously (as well as @softech ), 

Perhaps perform a reset of the device's network settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

After switching to LTE do you see a difference. If this is a carrier/tower issue you could check with CSA to check your location:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Um...tap the line that says LTE? As suggested? To put the check mark next to it.

Ohhcello

iPhone 11 and voice and data

6EFEA840-DA1A-4CF0-8DED-FC1744555DC2.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

settings, mobile data, mobile data network - what do you see for apn under mobile data (not lower down with mms etc)
Have you gone into settings, general, about to see if any updates show up?

What exact model do you have?

Ohhcello

Doesn’t work

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

settings, mobile data, mobile data options, voice & data - select 4G or LTE. Then turn on airplane mode, wait a few moments, turn it off, turn on cellular data, see what shows in the top bar - is it 4G or LTE?

Ohhcello

Bew month yeah on the iPhone 

Ohhcello

Well it still didn’t change anything it still 3g

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Don't waste your money - switch to a much less expensive 3G plan. For day to day use I doubt that you will find a noticeable difference. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ohhcello   first , when did you make the plan change, it takes 48 hours for the new speed to come

also, make sure your preferred network type is set to Automatic or 4G or LTE , and the phone screen actually showing 4G or LTE on top

and don't guess the speed, use speed test app to check. 

something like this would be good

https://www.speedtest.net/apps

(but make sure you aware , each test will consume as many as 500 Mb)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ohhcello , is this a new activation?  Transitions from the 3G plans to 4G can take a couple of days for the speed profile to update.  Also, location matters a whole lot for speed performance.  If you are unlucky and situated far from a tower, that will affect speed.  Also connecting to a heavily loaded tower will yield similar outcome.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ohhcello  Try SIM card in another phone and see if it works properly and or reboot your device and net work settings 

Need Help? Let's chat.