cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet unavailable in usa

Thedgar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently travelling in the US and purchased the Canada and US days plan.  

i connect to the internet locally for about a minute, then i get unable to connect to the internet errors.  Has anyone seen this issue before?

5 REPLIES 5

Hmwindy

I just came back from California, US a couple of days ago.  I purchased the 

Purchased US Talk-Txt-data 3GB 15 day  plan and initially had issues with getting intenret (data) to work but my phone and text were working.  I have an Ultra S24 Samsung Phone (android).  In order to fully resolve the issue for me, I did the following:  

1. Under Settings, Connections, Data Usage,  mobile data is on

2. Under settings, mobile networks, Access Point Names (APN), I had to add a new APN

Name: Public Mobile

3.  Under settings, mobile networks, network operators

Changed from Select automatically to  T-Mobile (as one of main carriers in California) which resolved 98 % of data connection problems ((my cellphone was trying to connect to many cellular carriers and kept disconnecting so having the phone set to one main carrier worked (where I was n the areas where surrounded by mountains, where I  didn’t have any network connections in the mountains) I used maps.me app or google map offline (which I had downloaded when I had wifi connection with area I was travelling - both work as non sound  gps directions if no internet available)

4. Because I made these changes on my phone , after I saved them, I rebooted my phone and these changes worked for me.  

self solution removed/solution reassigned

Thedgar

Switching to LTE seems to have worked.  

thank you both!

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Set your phone to 4G/LTE preferred. AT&T 5G doesn't work, so if you're connecting to that it won't work. Forcing your phone to 4G preferred will solve that issue. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Thedgar 

which US network you were connected to ?

Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile/AT&T coverage and whether you can connect successfully onto either network.

If the phone is not connecting to T-Mobile/AT&T, change the Network Connection from Automatic to Manual and select and test both T-Mobile and AT&T and see which one you can connect.

If your issue is with data, make sure your Roaming Mobile data is enabled and you have disabled your mobile data limiter.  Also change your network mode to 4G (and don't try 5G until you can connect and works on 4G)

If your issue is with voice, make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  And if it does not work, try to change the Network to T-Mobile ONLY, and change  Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls go through.
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

Need Help? Let's chat.