cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not loading when not in wifi

ccgiggles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can someone please help me? I leave WiFI and I go to google and it won't load a search. I can't load photos or videos on FB or Messenger.  It is like I don't have internet, but I do.

9 REPLIES 9

@Windowman and a reminder, if you want to use data limit to help, please remember that PM is on a 30 days cycle and you will need to change the cycle start date after every 31 days month

@Windowman- Good of you to read things. Many people don't and ask anyway. Even after finding a relevant thread and posting in it.

Windowman

I was just about to post about this, but read this and realized my usage limits were on.

Thanks!

@ccgiggles what phone do you have? brand and model?

did data ever work on this phone with a PM sim card?

start with clicking Reset all networks and see if it helps.  Please note this will delete your saved wifi as well but you just have to add it back 

if it does not work, try to change the Preferred network type or Network mode to 3G or WCDM only.

you can also try your sim card in another phone if possible 

ccgiggles

Thank you, that is always my first thing I do.  A friend took a look and I somehow had roaming turned off. 🙂

ccgiggles

Yes it has all along.  A friend took a look and I somehow had roaming turned off. 🙂

dyardeni
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you tried restarting your phone? I had this issue today as well, and restarting fixed the issue.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ccgiggles 

Log into your self serve site and tap the little refresher icons to view an updated version of the page.

Then look at your data bucket allotments to see if reached.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ccgiggles , has mobile data ever worked on your phone?  Please check that mobile data is turned on and that usage limits if set have not been triggered.  Also confirm APN settings are correct.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Need Help? Let's chat.