cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International travel

Hallelujah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm considering PM but cannot find any roaming packages such as are typical for me traveling outside Canada & USA like Caribbean islands, South America or Asia where I frequent... so if needed I can phone within that foreign country or phone back to Canada. Does anyone have some insights/experience in this matter?

Appreciate the feedback,

Hallelujah

6 REPLIES 6

The_MarD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well that's a bummer... I really like Public Mobile and the good prices for their plans and the speeds are still good same with the coverage since they also use the Telus network... But I forgot to check for the lack of international roaming.

I was just in the Philippines and I couldn't receive any SMS one time passwords so I was locked out of my credit card which super sucked... My wife who is on Fido was able to roam no problem, so at least we could use hers and also login to CIBC (which also requires SMS or calling which we can't do here on PM)...

This is major bummer, so I guess I'm going to start shopping around for BYOD deals and see what pops up before my next international traveling experience.

I checked and it seems Lucky Mobile also doesn't have international roaming 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Hallelujah  Sorry PM only has roaming in the US , anywheres else in the world and you would need a local pre paid SIM card in your destination . Or choose another carrier that has roaming elsewhere. For over seas travel public mobile is not a good fit 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Sorry but Public Mobile is not the place for international travelers. Only work in Canada and US with purchased add-ons.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Hallelujah , Public Mobile does not offer any roaming options outside of the US.  

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM does not offer roaming packages outside Canada or the US.  You may want to get a local SIM when travelling.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Hallelujah sorry, PM really don't have roaming other than US.  You need to use travel sim card or eSIM for data, use VoIP app Textnow for calls 

Need Help? Let's chat.