cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International sim card

ckkong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If I travel to different countries, is there any sim card that would be recommended for this? Just interested to find out. I likely prefer to have a plan that has talk, text, and data on it.

11 REPLIES 11

ckkong

Do you know which provider is suitablefor buying this kind of sim card?

You are welcome @ckkong . Glad that we could help you.  Enjoy your weekend and upcoming trip.

@ckkong wrote:

Thank you for the advice. I hope that they have the option for the days you need the sim card because some companies offer set number of days. The daily plans would be better. When I was in Israel, I was given somebody else's phone with sim card to use there, but I only used it maybe once or twice. We were together most of the time, but especially the first time when I didn't have that phone to use it was difficult to connect with the rest of the people that I travelled with.

ckkong

Thank you for the advice. I hope that they have the option for the days you need the sim card because some companies offer set number of days. The daily plans would be better. When I was in Israel, I was given somebody else's phone with sim card to use there, but I only used it maybe once or twice. We were together most of the time, but especially the first time when I didn't have that phone to use it was difficult to connect with the rest of the people that I travelled with.

webbeyes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would always buy a card for use when you arrive in the area you visit - some countries have areas that are better served buy one provider and may have poor service with another.  They're always for sale at the airport when you land.

ckkong

I guess that I have to set up the APN settings to use the sim cards when traveling outside of Canada.

ckkong

It was a bit inconvenient to travel without a sim card when I was in Israel. I used my phone on wifi, but can only do that when I am at the accommodation. Its hard to contact people without acess to the phone.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Generally, it is best to buy local.  If that is not convenient, I know that airalo sells e-sim for many nations.  Not a roaming service, but you can get many country specific e-sims.

@ckkong  only to South Korea ,  multiple countries? According to the droid guy,  here are the 4 best for Asian travel - https://thedroidguy.com/4-best-prepaid-sim-cards-for-traveling-to-asia-1103409

@ckkong wrote:

I traveled to Israel before and want to go to South Korea and maybe Asia.

Textnow... Canadian number in your area that you can call / text Canada and USA numbers over wifi for Free...even has voicemail if you're not online when someone calls they can leave you a message..

No need for sims in other countries and paying..all you need is a wifi connection

ckkong

I traveled to Israel before and want to go to South Korea and maybe Asia.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ckkong where are you travelling to? Which region, Europe, Asia etc.

@ckkong wrote:

If I travel to different countries, is there any sim card that would be recommended for this? Just interested to find out. I likely prefer to have a plan that has talk, text, and data on it.

Need Help? Let's chat.