cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International plans

sandormezocsati
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, How do I call Hungary?? I paid for the international add on ( 15$ - 400 MIN )

I still cannot call to Hungary. WTF??

13 REPLIES 13

@sandormezocsati wrote:

how do I ask moderators?

It did not show countries, only marked "internation plan" and never specified anything else...

I have no reson to call US. I want refund.

You're absolutely right. The Add-Ons purchase page does not show any details of the Add-On you are about to buy. Public Mobile should at least list some details there.

If you have no use for this Add-On, ask nicely to the Moderator_Team for a credit.

Be careful what you use for your long distance calling. Some charge basic rate for calling landline, but x times more for calling mobile phone.

Some charge in USD instead of Canadian funds. Some charge a connection fee. Calling cards offer cheap rates too, but some have maintenance fee, expiry date and can be misplaced.

Fongo is 4 cents per call + additional 2 cents per minute.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sandormezocsati  there are typically no refunds as this is a prepaid service.   the best you will get is an account credit equal to what you paid, for use on your next renewal.  Please send a message to moderator_team with your situation and your request.  be advised they would be providing you with goodwill and are not required to issue an account credit, so i suggest you adjust your email tone to be more polite and less demanding.  

@sandormezocsati wrote:

If I paid and cannot call where I want, I want a refund!!!

@sandormezocsati wrote:

how do I ask moderators?

It did not show countries, only marked "internation plan" and never specified anything else...

@sandormezocsati 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

sandormezocsati

how do I ask moderators?

@sandormezocsati wrote:

@sandormezocsati  You should have checked before purchasing the add-on to ensure the country that you wanted to call is on the list. Keep in mind that you can still use the minutes to call to the US and across Canada if you are on a minutes limited plan. If you still want a refund then you need to ask the moderator team nicely and they may be able to provide you with a credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sandormezocsati wrote:

You bought something blind without knowing the features/limitations.

Ask the moderators real nice like and maybe they'll credit you back into your account here...not a cheque or back to a card. They're not obligated to though. They just might be nice.

You can still use that add-on to call the states if you only have provincial or Canada. Heck Canada if you only have provincial.

sandormezocsati

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sandormezocsati wrote:

Hi, How do I call Hungary?? I paid for the international add on ( 15$ - 400 MIN )

@sandormezocsati  Use Google Hangouts Dialer

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sorry but Hungary is not in the list.

You may try getting money back if you don't have use for it, it's pretty good price for most country listed.

Here is one of my previous replies to similar problem:

highly recommend betamax

There are lots of providers and you can compare the prices for countries

Some have 120 free days where you get up to 300/week minutes for free to certain countries for up to 120 days then you start using the balance.

I've been using various providers like nononh and Hotvoip for over a decade.

They have apps or call in numbers or even phone to phone service right out of the web

http://progx.ch/PROGX_WEB/UK/comparator.awp

You can compare fees here some have no fees

http://progx.ch/PROGX_WEB/UK/fee.awp

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've been with Fongo for years, and it's been great.   Long distance calling for 2 cents a minute is really CHEAP.  You can't beat that.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Triguy wrote:

You could use wi-fi apps like Fongo, Skype, or Textnow to call overseas.

Yes, but keep in mind you'd have to buy more long distance coverage through those apps.

I'd recommend Fongo just from my own usage. The included calling coverage is great (90% of Canada) and you get a Canadian number that others can call (even if you were traveling abroad; you just need WiFi or roaming/prepaid-in-that-country data). Their LD rates are good too; check out http://www.fongo.com/calling/long-distance/ to see their rates (Hungary is listed).

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could use wi-fi apps like Fongo, Skype, or Textnow to call overseas.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@sandormezocsati wrote:

Hmmmm. Hungary does not seem to be part of the call list.

Contact Moderator_Team for possible refund if this Add-On does not meet your needs.

400 International Long Distance minutes

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Need Help? Let's chat.