cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calls

Matthew45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why am I getting international calls between 11pm and 4am every single night? It's always a different number. I Block them every morning and still happening every night. My spam guard is on?  Why is this happening 

5 REPLIES 5

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Matthew45 

or you can turn on the feature not to ring if the callers not on your contacts, those call would just sent to VM 

Is not that even bigger pain in the neck? now customer has to retrieve and listen all useless voice mails.

I do not know how many voice mails publicM can keep - is it by total length or based on number of messages (unlimited length) but some nasty characters can just in spite play music or yell or swear until mailbox is full therefore denying legitimate voice mails to be left.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Matthew45 Use Do Not Disturb on your phone. On my android, only emergency contacts will cause my phone to ring at night. All others are silenced / sent to voicemail.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Matthew45 

Somehow your number has been pawned to spammers. Unfortunately your other option is to pick a new number. You are allowed to change your number 4X/30 days. 
Depending on the phone you have, you can silence calls that are not in your contact or set calls to be silent during specific hours.

I get these calls too everyday on my TextNow number and it is silenced and I deleted & report to TextNow as spam in the morning.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Most likely spam calls and spoofed numbers.

You cannot block them and manually blocking them is waste of time.

Unless you have to have phone on during night, just turn it off and have peaceful sleep.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Matthew45 

PM cannot help to block spam calls.  

Maybe your number was used on some sites and spammers got a hand of your number

If you like you can change your phone number

or you can turn on the feature not to ring if the callers not on your contacts, those call would just sent to VM 

Need Help? Let's chat.