cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call to India while roaming in US

Punya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi folks,

I am presently on US roaming add on 15 cad talk/text and 20 cad @1gb. I do have a international calling add on my account for India and Pakistan. I do sufficient talk time left. But some reason the calls are not going through to India. Is there an option to make calls while on roaming in US. Please guide.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Punya

Thanks for the info. I took one VoIP app 🙂

Punya

Thanks!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately it has to be made from Canada as discussed. Would be much cheaper to get a local calling card for India/Pakistan and many of those don't run out/expire until fully used up

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Think of it this way, @hTideGnow 

If one has an International Calling add-on (like many of us do because of the Holiday freebies), almost no one would need US Roaming if it worked outside Canada.

Also, because PM services include international texting (while in Canada), the same logic might be thought to work outside Canada, but alas, it does not.

It would be nice though.... wouldn't it!!!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Punya   Do you have the specific India&Patkistan calling add-on?  I would thought you can use that while in US too, I guess not

But maybe open a ticket with PM CS Agent to confirm. 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Punya 

These calls only work from Canada, with the applicable international calling add-on.

Sorry.

You might be able to find a VoIP calling app that will allow you to make these calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.