cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Texting on my plan

Suzie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Didn’t fully understand the correct answer when I searched.. I have a Canadian plan which is call province wide... international texting and Data

- I am going to the US for 3 months, will I be able to send text to Canadian numbers from the US when I am there at no charge if I don’t take any add on or do I have to add on a roaming plan of any kind ??

Suzie Beauparlant

2 REPLIES 2

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Suzie1If going for 3 months might I suggest Roam Mobility. They are a Canadian company who can offer plans for snowbsnowbirds.  You get an American  number and they use T-Mobile. They can be found at www.roammobility.com

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

All the features of your plan allow you to use your phone while in Canada.  In order to use your phone while in the US, you will need a US Add-on so you can use your device on our partner networks (AT&T and T-Mobile).

Through self-serve you can select the add-on that will meet you needs.  Please know the process of adding and add-on is a two step process of adding funds to your account and then going back and purchasing the add-on.  They are all 10-day add-ons, day 1 being the day you buy and day 10 ending at midnight EST.

For a 3 month stay, you will likely be better off getting a SIM card and account in the US for that time as the cost of add-ons will add up fast.  This process I listed above will at least buy you some time when you get down there.

Need Help? Let's chat.