cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Roaming

ridgepatrol
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am almost convinced to switch from my Telus legacy plan with US roaming, to the $34 50gig plan CAN/USA.

If Public Mobile would allow international roaming as part of a travel pass, I would be all in.,

What are your thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7

funpig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@marja29 roaming plans from telecom providers like Telus can be expensive. I suggest that you consider an esim like Orange Travel or Airalo. Just buy enough to meet your needs and no more.

@marja29 wrote:

travelling to Europe in September. So would be awesome if PM had international plan. Maybe by then they will? 

Nope...not gonna happen. Have a peek at airlo.com for travel data you can use in EU.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@marja29 - Very unlikely that PM will do that quickly. They would need to partner with carriers in Europe before doing roaming and that agreement can usually take a couple months.

I would recommend to use an eSIM or a local SIM from amazon and use textnow.

hi @marja29 likely not, don't bet on

But why dont you use travel esim? or local sim? a lot cheaper that way

marja29
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

travelling to Europe in September. So would be awesome if PM had international plan. Maybe by then they will? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @ridgepatrol PM is tier 3 and has no roaming other than US.  I think for Telus, they prefer you go with Koodo or Telus if you need roaming 

But PM is already better than Lucky, which has no roaming anywhere at all

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ridgepatrol - Unforurtunatley Public Mobile only offers US roaming, although you could get an eSIM / local SIM from Amazon for much cheaper than a travel pass / easy roam pass.

Use TextNow to make calls / texts when roaming outside US, Alaska, Hawaii, and the US / British Virgin Islands.

EDIT: If you live in a Freedom Mobile 4G LTE / 5G zone, you may wanna look there. They include International Roaming for cheap and for the same Canada-US plan for $34.

Need Help? Let's chat.