cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Minutes

KH59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased the 300 Int'l Minutes Add-On and I'm in Austria. But I'm not getting connected when I turn on the PM SIM. Roaming is turned on. Do I need something else?  Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think you can setup an account while out of country with a VPN but don't quote me on this lol.

As for 2FA while traveling, easiest would be to get a temp. local number and use that for bookings. For the bank side, they should have other options for 2FA like voice call or email, best to call them and ask. Also a good idea to let them know you're traveling.

For frequent traveling it might be best to register a Textnow or VOIP number with all companies back home. This way you can get 2FA texts and calls anywhere with internet access using the VOIP app. (Not all VOIPs will work for this.) You'll have to ask others who are more familiar with this topic for help.

KH59

Ahhh, thank you. So I'm assuming I needed to do that before leaving Canada.

KH59

Thanks again for the answer. I tried TextNow but it tells me it's not available for my location. I'll have to research it a bit more. That leads me to my next question. The problem I'm having is that when I go to purchase something online (tickets etc) my bank wants to verify the purchase by sending me a text to my 'home' cell number. Obviously that's not going to work; what do people do to get around that?  Thanks.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KH59, for TextNow you will get a new US/CAN number when you setup an account. They will let you choose from their list of numbers based on your desired area code.

KH59

Thanks for the quick responses. My screwup. I do have an eSIM with a data plan and been using WhatsApp. Will TextNow use my 'home' phone number?

Thanks again!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

These minutes you bought work From Canada only. This is add-on to call from Canada.

PM does Not provide service outside of USA/Can.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@KH59 

those minutes you bought were for use while the call originates in Canada. Once you left Canada. your PM service stops working until you return. For use in Austria, I suggest you get a local sim and a cheap plan.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KH59  Sorry those are just for making call from Canada to abroad PM only works in Canada and the US with roaming add on . Your best to get local pre paid SIM card in Austria for your time away . Making sure to keep your PM SIM card safely stored away for when you get back home 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @KH59 

sorry, PM has no roaming service outside of USA

what you got is a Long distance calling to be used to call other countries when you are in Canada, not roaming

In Austria, you have to use local data sim.  But for voice, download VoIP app TextNow and you can make and receive calls for free to/from Canada/US when you have Wifi (or local data)

Need Help? Let's chat.