cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Minutes

DMcAP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello PM Experts

Can anyone tell me why international minutes don’t allow calls to the UK or USA please?

Regards David

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @DMcAP if you are calling US, download VoIP app TextNow, it allows you to make calls to US for free.  

There used to be a 400 minute international. Then they gave it as a freebie. Then the 300 minute one showed up when they split out a few countries and added some more smaller sets. Then the 400 freebie changed to 500 minutes. The 400 and 500 were the same list. The 300 is a different list with some overlap and some new.

Added - edited for date order.

DMcAP

Thank you for the list of countries included with the international add-on.  It is not obvious when you buy the add-on that some countries that public mobile serve are actually excluded from the international add on.  The ‘fine print’ doesn’t have the list you posted.

Other providers, and PM, may have different rates per country but I don’t really want to buy 1000 minutes of USA calls to make maybe 2 or 3 calls a year to the US, when I already have International calling!

I am not the only person getting confused about this policy.  It seems strange that Public Mobile expect the user community to explain their lack of obvious policy clarity.

regards David

@DMcAP unfortunately  YES, there are different Long distance addons to choose. 

Honest, it makes sense.  all providers , even calling card companies, have different LD charges  with different countries 

Here are the different LD addons.  Only countries shown here can be called using PM service 

100 Philippines Long Distance Minutes - $15.00 (10 Rewards points)
1000 U.K. Long Distance Minutes - $15.00 (10 Rewards points)
1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes - $15.00 (10 Rewards points) all 50 states, plus Pureto Rico and the US Virgin Islands
500 China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Long Distance Minutes - $15.00 (10 Rewards points)
500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance - $5.00 (5 Rewards points)
750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes - $15.00 (10 Rewards points)
300 International Long Distance Minutes - $15.00 (10 Rewards points)

**Intl long distance Add-On included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada.

DMcAP

In other words, if Public Mobile offers minutes to a specific country it won’t allow calls from the international add-on?

That’s frustrating - you could require multiple add-ons.  I would need at least 3 to manage my normal calling overseas.

David

DMcAP

Yes, international holiday bonus does not seem to be the same as international add-on.  However, why does the international calling not work to UK or USA?  Does PM expect us to buy add-ons specifically for each country?

HI @DMcAP   you had holiday calling bonus from December, I think you were able to call UK and USA  with that and not via your 300 International long distance minutes

Yes, we've been seeing others noticing that what was once an undocumented benefit now being removed and the listed countries are being used and required.

DMcAP

The last international holiday bonus got consumed by my calls to the UK!

DMcAP

I have 54 minutes remaining from the 300 International long distance minutes I purchased.  I can call Ireland on the add-on, so it works.  However, the UK and USA don’t work.  It has worked in the past.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click on the little spinner refresh icon under the Shop Add-ons button and see if you have any calling add-ons. If you do tell us what you have.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Holiday bonuses do mention USA and GB.

Otherwise USA and GB have separate add-on: 1000 min /$15

International minutes are NOT for these 2 countries.

Need Help? Let's chat.