cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International (Europe) data options?

Kampfgetup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are there options to add data for trips to Europe?

5 REPLIES 5

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hey @Kampfgetup 

I usually recommend @hairbag1 suggestion for an overseas SIM card. To add to that, I'd look at downloading a VOIP app like TextNow. You can get yourself a local number where you live and have your voicemail say that you're out of the country and to call "this" number or text. You'll be able to call back to Canada and text as well, as long as you have a data SIM from wherever you're going.

...also using your free local wifi in cafes, motels, library's etc..you might just hafta ask for their password.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Kampfgetup 

I usually recommend @hairbag1 suggestion for an overseas SIM card. To add to that, I'd look at downloading a VOIP app like TextNow. You can get yourself a local number where you live and have your voicemail say that you're out of the country and to call "this" number or text. You'll be able to call back to Canada and text as well, as long as you have a data SIM from wherever you're going.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kampfgetup 

You can use WhatsApp or TextNow app for free calling and texting. Otherwise, purchase a local SIM if you need data.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kampfgetup 

sorry, no

PM does not have roaming for Europe or any countries other than US.

You will need to use local data sim or travel esim

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kampfgetup 

not using any Public Mobile service. You should get a travel sim from some place like airlo...just won't have any Public Mobile service at all.

added...here's a favourite option used by many travellers......

https://www.airalo.com/global-esim

Need Help? Let's chat.