cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Dialing

kumalisa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! Without purchasing a long distance plan (none of the PM plans cover the country we wish to call), how do we make an international call? PM does not recognize the county code and won't allow us to contact our family. 

Appreciate your help as always!

9 REPLIES 9

@kumalisa 

I would suggest you stick with Koodo if PM doesn’t have the country you want to call LD.

Another option is to use WhatsApp or TextNow app for free wifi calling and texting.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kumalisa  You can only use PM to call a small list of countries.

But why not use calling card? usually it is cheaper

And of course, if possbile use calling apps and they are free

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kumalisa If PM doesn't fit your use case, yes it might be good to port back.  Wait a bit maybe Koodo will give you a good offer to port back to them.

kumalisa

It appears that we cannot call countries not listed. The country I am trying to call is Bulgaria, which is part of the European Union like several of those countries listed are. In fact, it borders on Romania AND Greece which are included on this list.

BTW, Koodo has packages that will allow you to call ANYWHERE in the world. I am really starting to rethink my choice of switching from Koodo to PM.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is an interesting question.  Because PM is prepaid, if a country is not covered in the international addon does that mean we can't call those countries with PM?

Here are the countries covered by the international addon.

Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. 

Any idea how PM came up with this list of countries and do they change?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You can call countries only listed in long distance add-on or listed in Holiday bonuses.

None of other countries are reachable using PM service.

frostyfire22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What country are you trying to dial to? You can determine whether using another service or a PM long-distance add-on is best.

kumalisa

I would like to call directly. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kumalisa  Get a calling card 

Need Help? Let's chat.