cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internacional traveling

JH1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I travel lots to Central America is there a roaming plan for Central America?

4 REPLIES 4

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

thanks @srlawren fixed error.  i guess it is a better autocorrect error than the autopay/autopsy one 🙂 last week.

srlawren

@mimmo wrote:

Most people forward their calls to a combo.com VoIP account before leaving Canada and just buy a local sim in the country of destination 

It's typically much cheaper that way as well

Receiving sms while away is a bit harder involves leaving you sim in a old phone plugged in and turned on at home and installing a sms forwarding app

@JH1 FYI @mimmo had a typo in his reply, it should say "fongo.com" not "combo.com".  I'm guessing it's an auto-"correct" issues on a mobile keyboard.  The joys of modern life.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

Most people forward their calls to a fongo.com VoIP account before leaving Canada and just buy a local sim in the country of destination 

It's typically much cheaper that way as well

Receiving sms while away is a bit harder involves leaving you sim in a old phone plugged in and turned on at home and installing a sms forwarding app

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JH1 wrote:

I travel lots to Central America is there a roaming plan for Central America?

No.  Outside of Canada, you can only roam in the USA.  There is no other roaming possibility with Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.