cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Usage History

Nadia_12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just set up my Public Mobile account on Friday.  I registered online and reviewed my usage history and it's incorrect.  My usage shows a number of outgoing calls and texts that I did not do.  The texts are to 474663, not sure what that is?  The calls are all the to the same number.  I dialed it from a different phone and it appears to be calling my voicemail.  Can anyone help me sort this out?  Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

Nadia_12

Hi Cuban80,

The best advice I received is to send a private message to the moderator team Click this to send them a message with your PIN & Phone number and explain what happened.  They were helpful.  All the best!

Nadia

Cuban80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing for me, had like 15 outgoing text to 474663 on my first day SIM installed...really weird cuz iMessage + FaceTime + iCloud = all closed and not activated on devise...

I look a lot on this, but nobody can explain it correctly. Nothing with old provider...

Nadia_12

Hello RobertQc,  really appreciate your help!  I used the link to send a message, we'll see what happens.  I did receive a number of incoming texts from Public Mobile, but did not send any to 474663.  Hopefully things will be more smooth sailing moving forward 🙂

Nadia

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Nadia_12 wrote: Texts that I did not do.  The texts are to 474663

@Nadia_12

Also send a private message to the moderator team Click this to send them a message with your PIN & Phone number and explain what happened. Since your plan is limited 50 texts and they were not done with you it is likely they will offset these message

@Nadia_12 wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to respond to your question.  The outgoing call number is 647-580-4001.

Thanks,

Nadia

@Nadia_12This just means that someone phoned you and that it went to voicemail or you called voicemail.  The time would correspond to the length of the person's call/the length of the message.

@Nadia_12 wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to respond to your question.  The outgoing call number is 647-580-4001.

Thanks,

Nadia

This is the voice mail number.

Nadia_12

Thanks,

Nadia

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nadia_12 wrote:

I have an iPhone.  I am on the $10 / month plan.  I will ignore for now, but will check in in subsequent months if this persists.  

Thanks for the quick response! 🙂

Restarts *may* do another round of internal texts. Or moving the SIM to another phone *may*.

Nadia_12

I have an iPhone.  I am on the $10 / month plan.  I will ignore for now, but will check in in subsequent months if this persists.  

Thanks for the quick response! 🙂

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Nadia_12 wrote:

Hello,

I just set up my Public Mobile account on Friday.  I registered online and reviewed my usage history and it's incorrect.  My usage shows a number of outgoing calls and texts that I did not do.  The texts are to 474663, not sure what that is?  The calls are all the to the same number.  I dialed it from a different phone and it appears to be calling my voicemail.  Can anyone help me sort this out?  Thank you!

@Nadia_12The most common issue is both iPhones (imessage) and Google (android) phones use SMS to set up things when you first sign up a new number / phone / provider / restart phone. I use android not Iphone so not sure how to disable that. But as for Andriod you can remove texting permissions from the “Dialer” app.

It's just one of the voicemail access numbers. Telus (PM) has a pile of them and they show on usage history.

Are you on a limited 50/50 plan? If not you can just ignore it, happens to everyone.

Need Help? Let's chat.