cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Subscription & No longer receiving texts

GoodNeighbor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, hoping for some help here.  I've been with Public Mobile for years now and always had the same plan I started with.  I've never upgraded my subscription, however, when I log in the site shows my plan as $70 per month when in reality I'm only paying $38.08 total. 

Also, I paid manually every month but now am somehow on autopay.  I never activated autopay.

Last thing, I no longer receive the monthly text alert regarding payment due.

Subscription.png

9 REPLIES 9

GoodNeighbor

@maximum_gato, yes, the no frills approach of PM is for me expected for the price paid.  I haven't been overcharged and have switched plans as recommended so will see what happens.  Thanks for replying.

GoodNeighbor

@DennyCrane, yeah, probably just a glitch.  Tried incognito but same $70/month showing.  I've switched plans on renewal so will see if this solves the issue.  I have been charged the correct plan amount every month but it made me nervous for the next charge seeing $70.  Thanks for replying.

GoodNeighbor

@hTideGnow, thanks for confirming the texts not going out anymore and how to manage the Payment.  I am still with PM and have switched to a new and slightly cheaper plan on renewal to see if it changes what my subscription amount shows. 

GoodNeighbor

Hi, I've been lucky in the sense that the cell service has been excellent so haven't had to post anything searching for answers.   I agree switching autopay to on without consent seems illegal. 

The $70 is just showing up despite clearing cache and signing in incognito.  I've switched to the $34/month plan on renewal as suggested by another member so maybe this will reset what I'm seeing as my subscription going forward.  I am not on a $70 per month plan nor have ever been charged that amount so probably just a glitch.  Thanks for replying.  I'll try to follow up if switching plans solves the issue.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@GoodNeighbor 

It doesn't matter how hard pm tries to "improve " our self serve accounts or even completely overhaul them there are still crazy glitches that occur and you certainly have one of them. The $35/2.5gb plan came out around Xmas 2020 I believe so it has been awhile.

As long as you haven't overpaid  and require a credit/refund then scheduling a change plan on next renewal as suggested by @hTideGnow should fix the problem. I suggest you choose the latest plan offering of $34/20gb of "4G" speed data. I would ignore the "unlimited Quebec minutes" that shows up after the plan change is scheduled as it is very likely just another glitch/erroneous messaging that pm is so famous for....lol!

The last payment reminder text I recieved was in January of this year so quite a few months ago. That's also about the time I stopped recieving the "your rewards have been applied" texts and the "your credit card has expired please update your payment method" texts. Maybe set a reminder in phone's calendar for yourself?

HI @GoodNeighbor 

now that @DennyCrane brought it up, I think i remember seeing something talked about the $35 becomes $70.  What the person did was simply to change plan and change it back to the correct plan he wants (but the old $35 plan no longer there if you need that one)

So, if you need the $35 plan, please submit ticket with agent

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

That dashboard view doesn't look right. To my knowledge there has never been a $70 plan that offered 2.5GB. You may be looking at a cached page? Try logging in via an Incognito/Private browser tab.

Also can I ask what your plan should be and what's included? I ask because in the last year plans have gotten significantly better in your price range.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @GoodNeighbor 

the text no longer sending out, has been couple months

so, do you need the service now?  if yes, and you prefer to pay manually, go to Payment, Manage Subscription and disable "Subscribed" (the new name for autopay)

if you don't need the service now and hence PM shouldn't charge you, check with agent, submit ticket with them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Welcome back. Apparently you haven't been here for a while. So you got the login figured out so that's good. The new system quite erroneously turned on autopay for accounts when it was off to begin with. Seems a little illegal without authorization but here we are. The little reminder texts haven't been with us for a while either.

So you paid $34 before tax on the 21st? Or $70? Seems your account is a little confused. Can you try logging in using incognito mode or whatever it's called in your browser. Maybe you're seeing a weird cached page which has been a notorious problem for quite some time too.

Need Help? Let's chat.