cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect SSL certificate in selfserve

j_b_goode
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was trying to reach the selfserve portal from Orfox browser on Android and it gives me a SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER error and does not open the page. However, Firefox works.

Upon some investigation, I found that the SSL certificcate on the site is not configured correctly. I am not sure who to contact to fix this.

Here are the details: Public Mobile uses Digicert for the SSL certificates. When deploying the certificates, intermediate certificates should also be provided. This is done correctly for parts of PM site (community, for example, works correctly). However, this is not done for the selfserve portal. Digicert has a validation page https://www.digicert.com/help/ which confirms that there are problems with the certificate configuration (and the also provide steps to fix it):

The server is not sending the required intermediate certificate.

In most cases, solving this problem in IIS is as simple as installing the correct intermediate certificate file to the Intermediate Certification Authorities folder at the Local Computer level and then restarting IIS. Under some circumstances, restarting the site in IIS is also required.

If you manage this server, you can download the file from this link or from your customer account area.

Follow the directions on our certificate installation guide to install the missing intermediate.

If you have any problems correcting this issue, please contact our helpful support team and we would be happy to assist.

The thing is, most desktop and mobile browsers work around this by downloading the intermediate certificates from somewhere else. So most people don't see the problem. This does not change the fact that there is one. I hope someone in the @CS_Agent can bring this to the attention of the webmaster.

3 REPLIES 3

@wmleung wrote:

Just my 2 cents.  Stick with widely used and adopted browsers for better support and development.

Good luck.

SSL certificate issues have nothing to do with the browser.  As mentioned in the OP, some browsers work around the issue.  It is not really ideal.  Anyway, I most often use Mozilla based browsers.  Is that widely used enough?

wmleung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just my 2 cents.  Stick with widely used and adopted browsers for better support and development.

Good luck.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@j_b_goode, I have mentioned SSL errors on the self serve portal many times.  I have given up as nobody seems to care.  I have come to accept it as a design feature.

Need Help? Let's chat.