cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Renewal Date.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is my own Public Mobile Account, which I Activated on July 19th. I took a screenshot of my 'Subscription Usage' the day of joining and as you can see my Billing Date was July 19th - August 18th. I've also included a screenshot of my first ever Payment made in the 'Payment History' Section of the My Account, you can clearly see here I joined on July 19th. 

My Credit Card Statement shows the Payment was made on July 19th.

SmartSelect_20230719_115626_Public Mobile.jpgScreenshot_20230811_033357_Public Mobile.jpg

What's weird is I've just signed into My Account again to check my Data usage and it has changed to August 18th - July 17th for no apparent reason..

Screenshot_20230811_033020_Public Mobile.jpg

I understand that billing cycles are only 30 days, and that makes total sense in this situation since July 19th(Date of Activation) to August 18th is 30 days, but now its saying my Bill start date was the July 18th? What in the world is going on here, why is it trying to take away a day from me?

(I've cleared my caches, used a private Brower and even a different device to see if this was a cookie issue, but no matter where I look it seems to think my cycle is July 18th - August 17th now, when it should actually be July 19th - August 18th..)

15 REPLIES 15

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

lol Well, it looks like they've reverted back to the previous date display. On the app and two different browsers and 3 different accounts it's now 12:01am eastern of the first date to 12:01am eastern of the second date. Still not grasping the simple basic math concept of -1.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Priority 

i notice there are two different cycle period showing on PM network.  The old one and the new one.  I am stil showing the old way but my friend showing new.  So,  I don't know when PM will show the correct one for all

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Priority - the dates on our My Account and My Rewards since January 2022 changes do not jive, and I believe they should for consistency. Date (in these 2 areas) could be so much more clearer and straight forward for customers; it is left for us customers to figure out what it all means.

Priority

And the issue hasn't been resolved, it's ongoing and now serving an issue in even more places and I'm not allowed to say because I mentioned it over two weeks ago?

My other new post had details which this one did not, I can't even access the post to copy Paste anything from there to here now even if i wanted to, plus it took me forever to write that and only one click for you to delete it on me... 

Instead of bringing it up again, I should tuck it here from two weeks ago where no one will see it aside from the previous respondent's? 

@Priority- The date is the same early date whether for renewal or at sign up. Other new sign ups have asked this question.
11:59pm eastern of the first date to 11:59pm eastern of the second date.

@Priority wrote:

@computergeek541 why did you delete my other thread in favor of one two weeks old?

The situations again we're different entirely considering last time this issue occurred on an existing Account and now it's occurring the Day of Activation for new Accounts.

Now the Answer and Solution I found here doesn't add up or make sense anymore, so I need a new answer and you deleted my post entirely. That isn't fair, no one's going to see this from two weeks ago. 

You're asking about the exact same issue.  Please continue the discussion in your existing thread.

Priority

@computergeek541 why did you delete my other thread in favor of one two weeks old?

The situations again we're different entirely considering last time this issue occurred on an existing Account and now it's occurring the Day of Activation for new Accounts.

Now the Answer and Solution I found here doesn't add up or make sense anymore, so I need a new answer and you deleted my post entirely. That isn't fair, no one's going to see this from two weeks ago. 

PS: I'm not 'Disrespecting your decision' I'm looking for clarification. 

I didn't think of that because those were never numbers in my cache, and because I was using the app which doesn't seem to have that particular issue. In any case I just tried from my browser in Incognito Mode and it shows the same thing (Aug 12-Sept 11). My new cycle should be Aug 13-Sep 11, with the next cycle starting on Sept 12. So they've fixed the end date issue, but the start date is off as my plan just started today (13th). I never liked how the current cycle always showed and end date that was technically the first date of the next cycle. Unfortunately this change will probably prompt a lot of questions from people thinking they are being short changed.

HI @DennyCrane 

you tired Incognito/Private/Secret mode?  I think just cache problem

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Mine's all xxxxxxx. Or maybe it's fixed?! My plan just renewed last night; my last cycle was July 14-Aug 13, which was always confusing because technically the 13th is the day the new term took effect. Anyways then yesterday it started showing that it went to the 12. Now my new plan shows Aug 12-Sept 11. The end date makes sense to me, as it should be the last day of the current term nor the first day of the next term like it used to show. But the start date is off, as my plan just started today (the 13th), not the 12th.

What my last cycle looked like a week ago:

Screenshot_20230813-063302.png

My new cycle:

Screenshot_20230813-063421.png

And then what my plan looked like last night as the renewal was starting:

Screenshot_20230813-063334.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

All of my accounts show this changed date. This place can't quite figure out which variable in the system is to get the very simply addition of -1 tacked on to the end. Start date - (end date-1). So now I'll get this negative comment removed I guess.
So now the whole thing has shifted up a day. The first date is the day before the renewal not the day of the renewal. So that is now 11:59pm eastern of that day for the start. The second date is now more correct than it used to be. It's now a proper 11:59pm eastern of that date.
The first date should be 12:01am eastern of the actual date. But now it has the shift rather than the end date.

I disagree with the contents of the solution chosen. Still getting removed I guess because I dare to set facts straight.

Priority

That makes alot more sense now, thanks for the clarification @computergeek541. 🙌

The corect dates are  July 19 to August 17, with the plan renewing on August 18. Ignore the rest of the dates being sbown to you as they are wrong.  Also, July 19 to August 18 would have been 31 days of service.

Priority

I've only noticed this on My Account though, no friend referrals.. 

Can I have that reversed so I am not losing a day?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Priority 

there have been issues with the subscription end date being listed as one date later than it should be.

This, as you can, imagine, has caused some folks to not load funds onto the account in sufficient time.

It seems like public mobile has made some changes given your observation of the date moving back a day, as it should display. 

Need Help? Let's chat.