cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect ESN/MEID for number port

paopao123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I got a message saying I entered an incorrect ESN/MEID when porting my number. Is there someone I could contact to fix this? I think there's a Telus contact I could reach out to, could someone send that to me? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

@paopao123 

glad it works!!

We saw it worked with IMEI, but to be honest, there is bigger chance or error using IMEI instead of account #

paopao123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is resolved now by calling the Support Number. I had to use my account number. I really don't think they should let you use IMEID as a option for porting number if it doesn't work. Thanks for the help everyone.

@Priority wrote:

Also, you can resubmit the Port Request if you are able to access your Account. 

Unfortuantely, this won't work.  After a port has been submitted, a customer going into Self Serve and trying to port again will always encounter an error message. In this type of situaiton, support msut get involved.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Also, you can resubmit the Port Request if you are able to access your Account. 

Are you able to sign in?

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Don't use IMEI for port in, I've never had success doing it that way. Always use Previous Provider Account Number. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@paopao123 

no worry, there is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  But the team is currently closed , so call them tomorrow morning and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.