cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming texts not working from Interior Health

mikellini
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, I wonder if anyone else has had this issue or knows what to do. Since switching to Public (we didn't notice that the two were related right away), we no longer receive incoming text messages from Interior Health. This is a big problem as we are employees and get shift offers via text. We've check with IMIT at IH, and they say it must be an issue with our mobile provider. We also get confirmation codes via text when we try to log in to IH sites when at home; these messages are no longer arriving on our phones. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

As long as it's formatted as 10-digit-phonenumer@msg.telus.com, it should come in fine.

mikellini
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It turns out that the main issue of not receiving texts for shift offers was probably an internal issue with Interior Health systems, where we needed to re-initiate by texting "commence" to the numbers we get texts from. It did start when we switched, which is strange, but it's resolved now.

However, we still aren't getting verification codes, which are sent via text from an email address. Any idea about this?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mikellini wrote:

Hi there, I wonder if anyone else has had this issue or knows what to do. Since switching to Public (we didn't notice that the two were related right away), we no longer receive incoming text messages from Interior Health. This is a big problem as we are employees and get shift offers via text. We've check with IMIT at IH, and they say it must be an issue with our mobile provider. We also get confirmation codes via text when we try to log in to IH sites when at home; these messages are no longer arriving on our phones. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Sorry to hear about your texting issues especially since those are important texts for you. 

I also had something similar happen recently when I noticed one of my regularly scheduled text notice from my credit card never loaded a few days ago.  Instead the text said "content not supported".  This has never happened before, so for now I've refreshed my text alerts on my credit card and will wait and see if it happens again since all my other texts are working normally as far as I know.

Hopefully, you'll hear back from the moderators soon for a speedy resolve as your situation is more important for you.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mikellini wrote:

@mikellini  Is it possible that you might have to go through the verification process because you are using a different provider?

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would also suggest that you contact a MOD to help trouble shoot... my assumption is that there is an automated service or system that is pushing those text messages to you so it might take a while to get this sorted out.

Could you use a temporary solution like a free texting APP to receive incoming texts?

TextNow, Fongo (not free) ... these might give you an immediate solution.

Good luck!

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@mikellini are the messages coming from a regular phone number?  Is the service provided by a source outside of Canada?  Are any of you on an old plan with only Canada-Wide texting and MMS?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@mikellini wrote:

What I have already read on the community that short numbers for texts might not be received with public mobile.

You can confirm that with the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened. Be patient waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.