cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming issues after transfer

NAIF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I transfered from Rogers home phone to public mobile last night, almost 14 hours now, but still I am receiving all incoming calls on my home phone...also my public mobile is not receiving any text messages....on sending message from another phone it says that is a home phone.

Please let me know what to do

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am wobwonder if the port is taking so long because the submission may have failed.  @NAIF , when you entered the Rogers account number in the porting screen, did you remove the hyphens?  Syntax can affect the port submission. 

Until Rogers approves the transfer (there should be very few reasons not too), you'll have to keep it this way.

If it takes longer than 48 hours, contact the moderators as suggested already.

Rogers may, in fact, call you, to try to keep you.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@NAIF 

As others have mentioned, this is completely normal when you port from a landline.

NAIF

I can make calls from public mobile phone and receive calls on home phone

NAIF

I don't have any other public mobile Sim card but I have a mobile phone having Rogers Some card

@Lieux wrote:

Ok thanks @computergeek541 ... I thought that it would be necessary because it's not possible to text either..not only for the incoming calls...??

The person isn't able to send texts to that phone number because it is not a cellular service attached to that phone number (the number being ported to Public Mobile). Some carriers do not allow this, while some charge extra for it after you've confirmed for them one time that you understand that.

Ok thanks @computergeek541 ... I thought that it would be necessary because it's not possible to text either..not only for the incoming calls...??

@Lieux wrote:

@NAIF wrote:

Hi 

I transfered from Rogers home phone to public mobile last night, almost 14 hours now, but still I am receiving all incoming calls on my home phone...also my public mobile is not receiving any text messages....on sending message from another phone it says that is a home phone.

Thanks

Write a message to the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 they will work on your port. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days. Be patient.

The Canadian Wirleless Telecommunications Associatation says for companies to aim for number porting to be complete within 2 business days for number ports from landline or VOIP to wireless.  At this point after roughly 14 hours, contacting Public Mobile's moderators would be premature.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NAIF wrote:

Hi 

Thanks

If the Rogers home phone is a landline, porting landlines can take up to a week.

Can you make calls from the Public Mobile number?

@dmbcanada wrote:

If you just initiated the port yesterday from Rogers home phone then the port has not completed.  Home Phone/VOIP ports can take a few days to complete.    Do you have a temporary PM phone number you can use?

A temporary PM number wouldn't be possible after making a porting request.  Public Mobile assigns the requested number immediately, before the transfer request gets approved.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@NAIF wrote:

Hi 

Thanks

Write a message to the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 they will work on your port. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days. Be patient.

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you just initiated the port yesterday from Rogers home phone then the port has not completed.  Home Phone/VOIP ports can take a few days to complete.    Do you have a temporary PM phone number you can use?

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NAIF 

Hello. I believe it takes a few days to port service from a landline to wireless.

Need Help? Let's chat.