cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls not coming through on pixel3A

Ooch123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi.

Both husband and I have been with Public since 2018.  Had no issues.  We moved into a new place in toronto last year with no issues until two months ago both our phones (google pixel3A) have very often not be able to get incoming calls.  The calls go straight to voicemail and we get the voicemail notification but no missed call notification.  It will also often not allow us to make outgoing calls and will say "cannot connect to network".  After that happens the signal bar will show no signal then within a second will be back at full bar and we can make outgoing calls again.

Please help! 

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ooch123 

First, the voice calls are ok when you are away from your home?

it's a good test to change the preferred network to 3G Only (as many suggested above).   But likely after changing to 3G Only, both your phones will not be connecting to the network, or you will see the connection on and off a lot.  If that is the case, i suggest you open ticket with PM support and see if they are aware anything wrong with the 3G network around your place

To open ticket with PM support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ooch123 

This will help in determining how close a Telus and Bell tower are in your new location:

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=52.000000&lng=-97.000000&zoom=4&type=Roadm... 

Telus and Bell share signals on their towers.

In my area, there are more Telus towers but not so much of the Bell or Shaw towers.

Keep in mind that a tower is nearby but there could be dead zone blocked by high rises or if you are in a valley.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ooch123 hi manually change your network settings to 3g see if that helps 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Ooch123 

manually select network 3G only, and rebooting device...Edit: How Switch To 3G

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Ooch123 wrote:

Hi.

Both husband and I have been with Public since 2018.  Had no issues.  We moved into a new place in toronto last year with no issues until two months ago both our phones (google pixel3A) have very often not be able to get incoming calls.  The calls go straight to voicemail and we get the voicemail notification but no missed call notification.  It will also often not allow us to make outgoing calls and will say "cannot connect to network".  After that happens the signal bar will show no signal then within a second will be back at full bar and we can make outgoing calls again.

Please help! 

That sounds like a network signal issue becasue it's happening to both of you. When signal is weak, you can't do much but use the phone somewhere else. You can buy a signal booster but those can be expensive.  Your option might be to swtich to another company that uses a different network. Does setting to 3g only network mode help for calls?

Need Help? Let's chat.