cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls are private...can't send or recieve any texts

Giorgos
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

First day i activated service with public mobile. I have 2 major issues unfortunately. 

1) All the calls are receiving are listed as "private caller" even the ones i already have on my contacts

2) I can't send or receive any SMS or MMS

Has anyone encounter that before and has a possible fix? I have also send a ticket hopefully those gets resolve quickly 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Giorgos

Hi everyone,
I wanted to update on my message above. I was contacted by and agent around 1 hour after opening hour and reset the service for me. Everything seems to work good now:)
Thanks!

Giorgos

Thank you! Will wait for that then, hopefully some time today the issue gets fixed

Giorgos

Thank you for letting me know!

This is really unfortunate. I need the messages and use them daily, some notifications only go to my messages.

Is it possible to change this service to another provider even if i dont get a text for confirmation like did with previous provider?

Thanks!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile is dealing with issues when it comes to SMS on Android and iMessages and FaceTime and such. There is no ETA of when it will be resolved. Here is their announcement.

Hey Community,

We are aware that some of you are currently unable to successfully use iMessage and or FaceTime features,  and we understand how frustrating this can be. Our teams are working diligently to find the cause. 

In the meantime, please try troubleshoot steps:
Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will continue to keep you updated. 

Thank you,

• Public Mobile Team

Keep an eye on this thread as they SHOULD update it when things are fixed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Open-Issue-Trouble-using-iMessage-amp-F...

Since there is no way to actually disable incoming call display and it's also unlikely that all callers are blocking their numbers, this is likely an issue with the provioning of your service.  There really isn't anything that can be done from your side to fix this. Please await the response from the Public Mobile customer support agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.