cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call goes to voicemail

Pipcan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just opened a new account for my wife.  Incoming calls go straight to voicemail. 

14 REPLIES 14

@Pipcan 

Maybe you would like to edit your chosen solution to @0PX9O4 's first post which answered your question rather than his last post which doesn't.....so future readers of the thread will understand the solution. Just click on the 3 dots of the post chosen to unmark the solution and then choose the other post.

Pipcan

All is good now, I was just being impatient and didn’t allow enough time for a number transfer

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's really great to hear @Pipcan !

Please mark this thread as "solved" by choosing a response as the solution.

Pipcan

I’m good now, didn’t give enough time to complete port. Thanks all

@Pipcan   She can make outgoing calls without problem?

does her Rogers SIM still work?

When incoming calls goes to VM, you sure it is PM VM and not Rogers VM?

@Pipcan 

Check your private messages.

Pipcan

Yes I am on pm now now problems.  Wife’s is iphone11 moving from rogers

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Pipcan wrote:

Just opened a new account for my wife.  Incoming calls go straight to voicemail. 

@Pipcan  are you able to provide whether or not your wife activated with a:

1 - NEW number, if so, rebooting the phone and performing a reset of the network settings are an important thing to do here once the SIM card is in the phone.

Can you try the SIM into your phone to see if there are any services?

2 -  Ported a number from another provider:

a) a cell port can take 2-3 hours to complete.

b) a landline/voip number can take around 7 days (usually less)

Do not cancel your provider's previous account.
Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

IF needed due to a stuck PORT or new number not working - Two ways to contact CSA:

1- Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Customer Support) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.
OR
2- Private message the Customer Support here (slower method): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In my personal experience, I've had that issue appear when I initiated a number port, so hopefully, you get this solved quickly.

@Pipcan 

If you ported in your wife's phone number did you reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of receiving it with her old sim card in the phone ? If her old sim card still works and you can access the old account (its not closed) then you will have to reinitiate the port request by calling the telus porting department with your old account # ready. Put the old sim card back in the phone to recieve the text.

If you haven't been sent the porting department number already just ask..... once authorized the port will complete in two hours or less. Once the old sim card stops working and you can recieve incoming calling your port will have completed.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pipcan are you on PM already yourself?  No problem with you with the incoming calls?

What phone (brand and model) your wife is using?

Did you try to reboot it  one more time?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pipcan 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pipcan 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Was this a ported number? If so, you may need to wait a few hours for the porting to be completed.

Otherwise, please get in touch with @CS_Agent by sending them a private message, explaining the issue in detail. All the best!

[waiting suceeded ........ Luddite]

Need Help? Let's chat.