cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call directly go to Voicemail

Ujjtiv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Friends,

I am experiencing problem with incoming call which is directly going to voicemail.

I already sent to private message to Helene but no reply since 4 days or nothing change.I did airplane mode & restart as well as network setting rest but nothing works.

Did anybody come across this type problem & get fixed ,let me know.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

waelrezk

@softech, I just found out after you mentioned it How to use Public Mobile VoLTE

Customers who activated on the Public Mobile network after February 22, 2023 will automatically have their customer profile enabled with VoLTE (Voice over LTE). Customers who activated prior to February 22, 2023 will be enabled on VoLTE gradually over the next few months.

My S9+ still doesn't have VOLTE, only A53 and S22. In the bottom of How to use Public Mobile VoLTE, the list of supported devices doesn't include S9/+.

@waelrezk   they just start rolling out of VoLTE, more phones and account will be able to use VoLTE

I remember someone using S9 was able to use VoLTE.  If you still hve the phone around, you can test it, too

waelrezk

I had this issue with Samsung S9+ where some calls go to voicemail. Since PM doesn't have VOLTE yet, voice calls go through the 3G network, and the phone needs to switch from LTE to 3G. In some cases, the switch takes about 30 seconds, and this is where the call goes to voicemail.

I recently switched to Samsung A53 and S22 and the problem is resolved. The phone doesn't need to switch to 3G for voice calls and it stays on LTE as if VOLTE is configured. I am not sure if this is a TELUS/Bell deployment, or the new phones can have multiped concurrent LTE and 3G simultaneously.

To summarize, older phones might have this issue, try testing with a newer phone.

Correction:

PM enabled VOLTE by the end of February and it is getting rolled out. After switching to Samsung A53, VOLTE got enabled by default. Some phones don't have the toggle in the network settings for VOLTE and this was the case with my new phone where VOLTE is enabled and no option on the phone to turn it on or off. 

Older phones like S9 are not supported

Here is more information How to use Public Mobile VoLTE

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ujjtiv 

Bell and Telus have a long standing shared network agreement. Most of Bell's towers are in tbe east and most of Telus's towers are in the west (although they both are expanded their networks across Canada). So you will connect to whichever of their towers that give you the best signal which in your current location happens to be Bell.

We are all hoping for VoLTE  to be implemented for pm customers sooner rather than later but until then we get our voice services on the 3G network.

@Ujjtiv wrote:

Hi, 

As per my understanding,I would be on Telus tower as publimobile brand owns by Telus.

Secondly, why they did not turn on VoLte so no need to gfall back for 3G for voice call. Even 3G plan holders are also connected to LTE though data speed capped at 3Mbps. This is purely network side problem either software or hardware.I checked my device, call going through on 3G selected not on LTE. So please reset my connection from network side.Thanks

@Ujjtiv   for the VoLTE issue, PM is a Tier 3 provider and Telus tries to make a clear distinction between PM and Koodo and Telus. But good next is that VoLTE should be coming in 2023 

for your connection reset issue, you will need to engage PM support   Please open ticket with them via Chatbot

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Ujjtiv

Hi, 

As per my understanding,I would be on Telus tower as publimobile brand owns by Telus.

Secondly, why they did not turn on VoLte so no need to gfall back for 3G for voice call. Even 3G plan holders are also connected to LTE though data speed capped at 3Mbps. This is purely network side problem either software or hardware.I checked my device, call going through on 3G selected not on LTE. So please reset my connection from network side.Thanks

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ujjtiv 

Oh weird right in town....most customers reported service returning in two weeks at the most but let's look at the map to see if we can narrow down the tower then you could possibly get more specific timeline info.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=43.674863&lng=-79.557343&zoom=15&type=Road...

You have 3 bell towers near you....2 near the high-school and another a little farther away.... so I'm surprised you having a service issue unless they are working on all 3?

Ujjtiv

Hi,

Thanks for reply. As soon as I switch back to LTE ,it stop working & directly go to voicemail.is there any time limit to network upgrade ? Let everybody knows. I am nearby Martin Grove Road & Eglington Avenue West, Toronto,Ontario

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ujjtiv 

This is likely due to equipment upgrades on your local cell tower with the 3G/4G LTE network. It can cause a slight delay in switching from the 4G LTE network when a call comes in to the 3G network. While that may only be the blink of an eye it's long enough for the voicemail default to kick in thus sending your incoming calling in your current location to voicemail. Keep your phone on 3G for the time being testing every day or two for improvement. Most users reporting this problem from across the country had the incoming call issue clear up within 2 weeks at the very longest. Your approximate location will help us help other pm customers in your area if they report a similar issue in the next week or two? Thanks for updating us!

Ujjtiv

Hi darlicious,

Thanks for reply.

I have manually select wcdma/gsm & tried to call ,it is going through.I changed again to LTE, it looks working for now but I don't know how long it will work.It is looking something wrong with network side.It should be fixed.

Ujjtiv

Hi BKN27,

Thanks for reply.

I did remove sim card & turn on airplane mode & restart phone nothing change.I inserted sim card back & connect network manually but no luck.Do not disturb turn on & turn off but nothing working & also check contact phone # for blocked but it is ok (unblock)Moreover it started beginning of this month,otherwise no problem for 5 years so no recent porting of number from other carrier. I am on LTE plan.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Are any Do Not Disturb settings turned on? 

Are any notifications turned off?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You might be rejecting unknown callers?

Signal strength is low so system thinks you are off line?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ujjtiv 

Yes it happened to a friend of mine and he was with PM for more than a year.

The texting works but all his calls goes to voicemail.

I told him to check to see if Do Not Disturb was disabled, to reboot the phone by power the phone off but everything was fine.

He contacted a CS_Agent and they said a technician will have to look into it. After 3 days they fixed the issue.

You should contact a CS_Agent through private messaging above or create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot below. Not sure if Helene is available so use CS_Agent if you pm them.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ujjtiv 

This is likely a provisioning issue with your Sim card but first try switching your network mode to 3G only and see if that makes a difference.

To try and reprovision your Sim card on your own....

1. Remove your Sim card and put it in another phone if possible and make a call. Otherwise leave it out of your phone for a full 10 minutes then reseat the Sim card and reboot your phone.
  2. Make a manual top up payment in your self serve account. Log out and reboot your phone.
  3. Log into your account. Suspend your account via lost/stolen**. Log out/in. Resume your service via lost/stolen. Log out and reboot. (**Caution using this method with the $$ rewards account will cause a glitch of your rewards not applying upon renewal You will need to contact customer support to have them applied manually.)
  4. Skip #2 and #3 if you wish and go straight to contacting customer support. Put "Sim card needs reprovisioning" in the subject line and leave a detailed message or submit a support ticket via SIMon.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ujjtiv 

Unless you've just recently ported a number here from another mobile provider and there is a problem with the port (which the Customer Support Agents can assist with), try these fixes:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

Need Help? Let's chat.