cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inappropriate Response from PM to SMS/Text Fix Ticket??

RojM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently switched my phone and my wife's phone from the same provider to Public Mobile. Everything went fine, except for the dreaded texting not working bug. So I submitted 2 identical tickets to PM, and got 2 completely different responses. The response to my ticket was to do a network reset on my account, which was done and solved the problem. No other info required.

But for my wife's phone I got what I consider a ridiculous response, asking for the following information:

* Your full name
*address with postal code
*the last 4 digits of the Credit Card registered on the account
*rate plan

*SIM card number (19 digits)
*email address

Also describe the issue that you are having with your cellphone.

This seemed like a phishing request to me, because Public Mobile does not have our address, so how could that possibly be needed? And "describe the issue"? It's in the ticket - texting does not work!!

I replied with my annoyance and to please just do a network reset on the account, but have received no response.

Is this kind of response normal from Public Mobile?? And why the completely different response for 2 identical tickets?? I am annoyed, as you may guess.

15 REPLIES 15

RojM

I solved the problem by ignoring the first ticket, and submitting a new one. I got a quick and (in this case) very polite response, with a network reset, which of course solved the problem.

RojM

@golfball"they assume they have the billing address from the card attached to the account" Except when I entered credit cards for both of our accounts they only asked for the postal code! So they don't have our address.

it sounds like they also shouldn't be asking these questions as you submitted a ticket through the chatbot. Exactly my point!

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RojM Receiving different responses from the CS is a common occurrence which makes sense (at least sometimes) as they aren't all the same person. They're asking for address because it's a generic list of verification questions and they assume they have the billing address from the card attached to the account. No card attached? It seems they weren't paying attention as it sounds like they also shouldn't be asking these questions as you submitted a ticket through the chatbot.

Rastin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I had to put in a ticket they only asked for my name number and email. I guess it depends on who answer your ticket. I do agree that they don't really need that info to fix the issue as it's not like there doing anything like porting your number its just a fix for an ongoing issue that they know about.

Also it's coming through there system as a personal message so it would be a little harder to fake. There icon is a P in an orange ish heart

RojM

Dunkman - I submitted identical requests, by chatbox.

you should not be asked these questions since you already verified ownership by login in to submit ticket.

Exactly!! Hence my annoyance.

RojM

Like the other responders, you haven't addressed what was my trigger here - asking for her address, which is not needed for any verification as they do not have our address (hence my phishing comment).

@RojM 

you ask "what gives"...they need to confirm your acct info...simple as that. No need to start your new PM account by throwing a hissy fit. Just answer the questions as best as you can and it''ll get fixed.

HI @RojM 

you cannot reply just fix it, they won't help

When i call my bank on the phone , they asked me profile questions too just to validate I am me.  So, it is actually nothing new

if you refuse to answer, likely the problem won't get resolved.

RojM

You haven't addressed why the completely different responses to 2 identical tickets?? **bleep**ist response - my ticket, obviously from a male account holder , just gets fixed. The ticket I submitted in my wife's account gets a condescending response, asking again for a description of the problem ("texting is not working - what more do you want!!"), and for her address. And yes it asks for an address as well as a postal code, and as I have mentioned THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY NEED HER ADDRESS, BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE IT. So what gives? And they can't possibly need any of this - it is a common problem right now (see Announcements), so just do a network reset on the account (they have the IMEI and phone number, as they did for my account).

The reply on her account was **bleep**ist, condescending, and inappropriate as far as I am concerned.

I am a techie person, and get annoyed at bureaucratic responses such as this.

RojM

They asked for postal code AND address (which they don't have and so can't possibfrom thje person involved.ly need for confirmation)

And my response was to say "just fix it please", i.e., do a network reset. No response from the PM person involved.

@RojM wrote:

But they didn't need any of this info for my account. And they can't possible need my wife's address to confirm anything - they don't have it!

And this is a very common problem right now - just fix it!

If you want that texting issue fixed, you need to supply as much acct info as you can..ie; acct number, cell number, name on acct, PM pin number...etc.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@RojM 

That is a standard response from customer service agent to verify your account ownership.  However, if you submitting a service ticket via the chatbot, you should not be asked these questions since you already verified ownership by login in to submit ticket. 

However, if you instead private message CS_Agent, then you will need to provide these details to confirm ownership of account.  

Unfortunately, some CSAs duplicate the identification process even though you submitted a ticket already. 

RojM

But they didn't need any of this info for my account. And they can't possible need my wife's address to confirm anything - they don't have it!

And this is a very common problem right now - just fix it!

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RojM - These are to verify your account. It is needed for them to look into your account. And the Address may only be your postal code but maybe the billing address.

Maybe try a network reset on your wife's phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.