cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inability to pay with credit card

ric1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been unable to pay via credit card after several attempts, the response is inability to verify credit card information, I've followed all the tips in the forum on this topic and verified the profile and credit card info to ensure they match.

Could my credit card be locked out in the system? 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Check if you have a popup blocker or a script blocker active.

Sometimes you have to deactivate that so that VISA or MC will popup an authentication window for your card.

ric1

I've just tried again in incognito, however received same message "unable to process transaction", so I've submitted ticket to Moderator.

Thanks to all.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@ric1 wrote:

I've been unable to pay via credit card after several attempts, the response is inability to verify credit card information, I've followed all the tips in the forum on this topic and verified the profile and credit card info to ensure they match.

Could my credit card be locked out in the system? 

Thanks

Yes, it could be locked out if you tried many times. Try later, check with bank  and see if there are any pending charges despite the error message.

@darlicious wrote:

@ric1  In chrome go to the 3 dots top right of your screen. Use incognito. Try after one hour. If you still have issues create a ticket via simon(?) Bottom right to the moderators they can add your credit card.

Best to use the term incognito mode instead of secret.  Nothing secret about the session, unless you do double VPN.  Just that it is not stored in the history.  

@ric1  In chrome go to the 3 dots top right of your screen. Use incognito. Try after one hour. If you still have issues create a ticket via simon(?) Bottom right to the moderators they can add your credit card.

ric1

I had actually followed these tips as you describe but the payment is still not accepted, thanks anyways.

ric1

I've been using both Safari and Chrome to try to pay, not sure how to access via secret mode (as I did not find this option in google settings), do you know how long does it take for the system to clear the credit card after it's been locked out? Thanks again. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ric1  If you have tried too many times then yes you can be locked out for security reasons. You have cleared your browser and use secret mode before you start? Using firefox or chrome?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ric1 

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statment.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

Need Help? Let's chat.