cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving PM

maximedulude
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
-Per month not per 30 days... this is a real problem!
-Offers a 45-50$ unlimited data plan..otherwise your 1gb option is more expensives than the Virgin, Koodo(also own by Telus...) and Fido and you have no support and a bad self service plateform that is to this day still a beta even if you removed the Beta logo.
-Fix the self service website and if you can't, get some good programmers to sort it out for you...
PS** pretending to offer an alternative cellphone provider service with more expensives plans than the established ones TELUS BELL ROGERS is just Bad for the PM name and for Telus since we all know that you own PM...

Plz improve the plateform or close it.
10 REPLIES 10

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do I hear "unlimited data"? Where? Please advise.

I also have compared prices with all carriers from Canada and couldn't find something cheaper for my own needs. As far as I know, there is NO carrier in Canada who offers unlimited data.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@maximedulude "per month" only works if every client activates/pays on the 1st of the month. You aren't suggesting that if someone activated a SIM today they should be shorted days are you?

Not sure which plans you are comparing, but when I check Koodo "promo" is $69 for unlimited minutes + 1GB data? Public is alot cheaper...

Oh and every carrier you mentioned above bills prepay on a 30 day cycle

Only if you go postpaid will you get monthly bills

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

subscribing...

Agreed with @Delaroyas

@Pier ... exactly which plan(s) are cheaper on Fido, Mobilicity, Chatr, Koodo, Virgin and Bell?  Please provide specific links or describe the sorts of plan details you're comparing?  I chose PM after methodically comparing all the prices and plans offered by every phone company in my area (worth an hour to save a little money for years, yes?), but your requirements or service area are likely different from mine.

I think the *only* item PM doesn't completely win over is data - specifically, they don't offer any Unlimited data options.  But I also think you'll find PM's basic data rates and over-usage rates are far superior, and that you'll also find the "unlimited" data plans offered by some of the other carriers come bundled with a lot of (not always obvious) costs, limitations, and tradeoffs which make them much less affordable than the deals they appear to be.  I know people who've been hugely dissatisfied when they hit the limits on their "unlimited" Virgin Mobile, WIND, and Chatr data plans.

And there's one advantage PM offers which the others don't: it keeps improving and it's driven by community feedback.  Unlimited data has been suggested many times, and PM has thus far declined with the explanation that it doesn't fit their vision or business model - but it's never entirely off the table.  In fact, you can now buy PM long-distance and data add-ons as needed (quite affordably) as a result of this feedback.

Although I hardly use data at all (and when I do, it's usually across WiFi, lol), so my experience is anecdotal and your experience might vary.  But there's no substitute for success - try out whatever you think might be the best carrier and best plan for you, it might work out well but I suspect in the end you'll come back to Public Mobile.

Delaroyas

The plan I personally selected is 90$ for 90 days (minus 6 rewards for AutoPay):

It gives Unlimited talk+text +voicemail+ 1GB data / 90days

Fido does not have anything below 45$/month

Mobilicity data plans start at 35$/month

Koodo, for that amount offers: 100min/month + 50MB/month unlimited text. (+ evenings and weekend talk). 

Chatr, it did not find anything equivalent below 40$/month

Virgin for that price only offers 100min/month + 100MB/month

Bell gives slighly higer price than PM only 100min/month + 50MB/month.

For the same price (or cheaper) I get more at PM.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just wanna say something against your idea. Public Mobile plans are very expensive and even more than Fido, Mobilicity, Chatr, Koodo, Virgin and Bell. The 30 days plan with unlimited talking and international texting is more expensive than anywhere else. You said the 90 days plans can be only found at PM, you're wrong. It's more expensive. 

Delaroyas

Just activate the AutoPay functionnality and you'll never need to know when to pay.

On top of that you get 2$ rebate for each 30 day period!

maximedulude

Its just that being billed per 30 days instead of per month makes you wonder for no reason if you need to refill or not your plan. If you are billed per month, no worries every 1st your billed... Just makes it easier to track. And for moths with 31 days not 30 its pretty bad when you are on your 31th day and have no service...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for your feedback, @maximedulude.  Out of curiosity, what's the issue with the 31 days vs. a month?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

When you look for 30 days plans, they are pretty close to other carriers but 90 days plan rate you will not find anywhere else. Plus rewards on top that no other carrier offer. 

All i care is to get the service on my phone. And with that i have no complaint what soever. I can track data usage on my phone and other things are unlimited so i don't even go on my self serve.

Need Help? Let's chat.