cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve Performance

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't know if i'm in the right topic but.

Can PM considering improving 4G/LTE /Advanced LTE Speed by squizzing a bit more out of Telus?
On my smartphone i cannot get higher bandwidh than 35 mb/s
Telus can provide up to 225 Mb/s. I know the PM plans are great and cost effectively but if you wanna gather much more people PM must considering improving the speed.
5 Friends of mine they always bother me and ask if they improved the speed of PM to move over from overpriced Rogers. Also another 3 have big time issue with Fido. They have call drope even when they talk with technical support.

By taking advice from a old man now you have to balance between the Quantity and Quality which main carrier not having this. PM is the one which is far the best of the best because of the following reasons:
1. Price Effectively
2. Network Infrastructure
3. Variety & Flexibility
4. And Of course no Advertise through MMS/MSG.

Sincerely Ionut A

19 REPLIES 19

shrimpdude

I'm fairly sure 35mbps download under typical use is top speed in Canada amongst all carriers.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ionut Why is your employer not paying for this plan which requires you to download such large files?

@Ionut That's 12 GB for 90 days not 30. Though you could restart a 90 plan every month if you wished; no creddit for unused services though.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ionut

At 255mb/s you'd consume:

1. 4GB of data in 2 minutes.

2. 12GB of data in 7 minutes.

You could potentially blow through your cap without even noticing it.

Where I would like 255mb/s speeds is my home internet, where the large files are downloaded.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Agree with @Litvinau_A why you have to use your personal phone to transfer large files for work.  Anyways speeds are identical where i'm at, tested side by side telus and pm.  42mbit/s

Litvinau_A

Just tested mine.

18.2 mbps download and 13.4 mbps upload

"your Internet connection should be able to handle multiple device streaming HD videos at the same time"

Uhmmmm? this is pretty awesome for a cellphone, and even some home Internet.

I never noticed any difference between Telus and Public.

As for your job @Ionut, i think they should provide you with a company phone to do this kind of stuff. Yes, maybe another provider will have a faster speed. But it also depends on your device. Samsungs do seem to have better numbers. Next time switch sims around and do the test again. I doubt you'll see different numbers.

I know we all want more and better, but for paying that cheap - there's no better provider than PM (not to mention all the discounts, fast customer service, and guys working 24/7 to improve it even better)

Ionut

IS that SO? DId you check the 90 Days plan? Did you know that you can go up to 12 gb?

Can you please take a look on PM website? Tnx

ryanwoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM only has max 4GB plan, it may not work for you even it has the speed you want. 

Ionut

@kutzki:)) need it for work:P , they gave me through file transfers services different type of files which size vary from 100 to 500 Mb/s. Which on my way to the location i have to download the file, acknowledge the information, edit the page for being in charg for the operation , then send it back. 

Most of the time i'm in the forest, or location which are not accessible by Wifi and the single connection they have nearby are Dial-Up & Satellite.

And that's why i have 6 GB of Data, to use it HardCore. If wasn't for work, probably 1 GB will be more than enough.

kutzki
No offense, and I'm not trying to bud in here, but considering the fact that there's a starbucks, Tim Hortons, or McDonalds at every other street corner, why are you transferring 500MB worth of files over data? That seems.... wasteful. Is it for business? Are you backing stuff up? Use some WiFi for this no? Lol I avoid even downloading Apps using my Data. Either way, I feel like if you're using PM as a data transfer service, you're uploading? Or downloading? If downloading, I assume these files aren't 500MB each, in which case use a computer? Or if they are not, then you don't need more than 20 MB/s for it. IF you're uploading, I'd be happy to get more than 2MB/s from my HOME ROUTER, let alone the 15+ that PM's data gives me. Just my two cents. 🙂

Ionut

@JMCDWhen you compare 2 latest smartphone Iphone 6plus vs Samsung s6 edge. Which have the same performance and hardware .what do you want more ?

I see aparently for you a HP with 8 GB of Ram it's not EQUAL with 8 GB oF ram in a DELL device.

I get it. And also you have no ideea what are the meaning fo Cat 5 /6 /9 for performance.

Even a 400 $ phone have almost the same performance as 900 $ phone (flagship) And do the job done.

It's so Simple , YOu get a fraction of their network. That's all.

Also when i made the compration we've been in the same location, same interference. 

Maybe you with your special device (smartphone) you get more than 100 mb/s +

Can i suggest you a SpeedTest ? 

JMCD

I'm sorry, what? Signal strength, location, interfence, phone hardware and time of day don't affect performance? Of course they do. That's why you need to use the same phone, at the same place, at the same time (late at night due to low load network). Otherwise your test is moot and has no validity.

I really don't know what you mean about a 500mb file taking an hour. Even at 35mbps that would take less than 2 minutes. 

These speeds really don't matter as much as the marketing makes you believe when you can burn through your data limit within 15 minutes.

Ionut

There is no such a thing as numbers of factors. It's simple. Very simple actually.

You just get a fraction of their network. 

It's doesn't matter the phone b/c now nowadays  all the phone have atleast Cat5/6 on speed. Which mean that you can go higher than 100 mb/s

If you are not a heavy data users yes even wind it's okay for you. But when you need it for transfering it's much more appreciated.

I need to transfers almost weekly files which are over 500 mb/s. Do you think i wanna wait 1 hour till i transfer that file ?

JMCD

There are a large number of factors that can affect your speeds. You'd ideally need to do a test in the wee hours of the morning using the same phone with different sim cards. I highly doubt there is any difference between Telus/PM speeds if you used the same device when there is 0 overall load on the network at say 4-5am.

Personally, why the heck would it matter if it's 35mbps or 55, or 220? I can't think of any activity on a smartphone that actually needs such speeds.

Ionut

@dwayne not quite. I'be been with a friend near telus towers. he have an iphone i've got a Samsung. precisely S6 edge. I get maximum 38 he get on telus above 55 + 

Just make a comparation. I get 35 + mb/s on a speedtest. how much did you get?  

Prove me that you can reach highest peak 65 +mb/s

Also take a look at this youtube video and tell me that you get the same speed on Public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wew18SOUe4

dwayne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

http://www.telus.com/en/on/mobility/network/

"Enjoy a superior experience with fast downloads and richer multimedia applications on the current TELUS 4G LTE Advanced network at speeds up to 225 Mbps (manufacturer’s rated peak download speed, average expected speeds from 12-65 Mbps)."

A Telus user and a Public Mobile user at the same location with identical phones are going to have the same network performance.

True enough. Guess it's wait and see. Doubt PM will be a leader in this race.

Ionut

Who cares about USA?

Users on Bell, Rogers got up to 90 Mb/s. Telus have up to 225 Mb/s. Why should i look at USA carrier ?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Think your friends are pulling your leg: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-mobile-network,review-2942.html

top-bars-Overall_9-8-15_w_755.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.