Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update: eSIM QR Code Now Included in Activation Summary Emails

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

We're happy to share some news that aims to make your eSIM installation process smoother and easier. As of June 15, we've started including an eSIM QR code in our activation summary emails.

Why does this matter?

If you encounter any difficulties downloading your eSIM during activation in the app, you now have a quick and easy solution - the QR code provided in your email. To effectively use this feature, open the email on a different device so that you can scan the QR code with the phone you want to use for your Public Mobile service. This lets you download your eSIM directly, and once done, you can log back into the app as an existing user. 

This enhancement is part of our ongoing commitment to streamline our services and provide you with the best possible experience. 

Stay tuned for more updates,

The Public Mobile Team

113 REPLIES 113

@RodgerKM1 

this is an open forum, please remove your phone number ad personal info for your own protection.  Go back to your post, click the down arrow on top right of your post, then click Edit Reply

From what we understand, PM is unable to generate new QR code for used in cases like switching phones due to some limitation.  It will come soon.  Please wait until it is available.  If you really need to change phone, you will have to move back to Physical sim 

RodgerKM1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is their any way to get a new QR Code to get the eSim info? I was moving my wife's Iphone XR over to Public and in the process I had to go away from my computer for a period of time after which I tried to get the eSim and the QR code had expired. It was for my wife, xxxxx xxxxxxxxx's Iphone which was set up with Public on a $25 mth account. The IMEI code for her phone is xx xxxxxxx xxxxxx x and the phone number ported over from PC Mobile is (xxx)xxx-xxxx. I cannot get to her Community page on her phone so I'm using mine. xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx (xxx)xxx-xxxx. 

Edited by SD08:  Please do not post personal info on this public forum.

Mark613
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nice . Thanks. Hope there is a way to convert current physical sim to e-sim very soon. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Ck_PM , @J_PM , once you make eSIM available for ALL Customers: give the options of emailing an eSIM & the option of getting an eSIM at a local Telus, Koodo, or Mobile Klinik store like we can get a physical SIM Card (other carriers give both these options) there before paying for a plan subscription? This would cut down on some issues along with incentive for new Customers to sign up. Paying for the service before it even works due to eSIM errors is causing a lot of issues of not even having working service yet money was taken from new Customers (posted all over this forum) then they end up being forced to purchase a physical SIM Card or losing the money they already paid for the subscription & eSIM when CS_Agents can’t get the eSIM working for the Customer that paid for it! Not only that they have no way to login to the account they paid for due to no way to receive the 2FA code to login! See the issues here? 2FA is causing a lot of issues all the way around for many current & new Customers that were not even asked before doing this to Us!

Just my 2 cents worth as a current paying Customer!

Toffee

It's super exciting to see eSIM being used by a provider now. While the update is useful and appreciated with a QR code, it doesn't prevent us from having activation errors unfortunately. I think we ought to have a method to get a new eSIM just like we do for a physical SIM card. It would alleviate the need to call on support to help out and manage it ourselves. It wasn't a seamless experience as a first time eSIM user while porting my number over unfortunately. 

Nocall

Just went through the esim ordeal. Don't even think of it as an option. Over 2 days, Support was unable to help. They kept sending me the QR code but there was something wrong with it and would not work. Tried with different readers and different phones. There is obviously some big issue on their end.

I ended up buying a Sim at the store today. Then, it took a few hours for that to work. 

Rylan1

You need to make the option to make a new E-Sim because after deleting it you can't usually re-activate it.

Mohawk44
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I never got the activation email. It took my money but I got an activation error!

@Th3FunGuy  If you deleted eSIM you will need to get a physical  SIM card and swap the SIM card number in my account in profile tab 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1687932102147.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

Th3FunGuy

This is what I need right now after accidentally deleting my esim 

HI @frostyfire22 

true.  I feel sad for those who jumped on eSIM, then change phone thinking they can easily move eSIM but they cannot.  I hope this can be allowed soon,

Yup, until that's an option I wouldn't go anywhere near their esim right now. 

frostyfire22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Transferring esim should be a thing

TrevorF1980

Interesting. I'm on an esim now but expect to get a new phone next year. I'll be curious to see if the system limitation is resolved by then. 

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

considering that Apple is slowly phasing out physical sim. we need the ability to change to another phone. 

@dwh1 wrote:

Good news.  I'm hoping that the ability to transfer esims from one phone to another is coming - I know on iPhones it exists in the Settings menus but requires carrier support.  It would be helpful for dealing with damaged devices or upgrades. 

@dwh1  I have messaged support yesterday and confirm that the ability to move eSIM from one phone to another is still not here, due to system limitation

So, if you ever need to change phone, going back physical sim is the only way .. for now

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good news.  I'm hoping that the ability to transfer esims from one phone to another is coming - I know on iPhones it exists in the Settings menus but requires carrier support.  It would be helpful for dealing with damaged devices or upgrades. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ck_PM 

Thanks, this would help with people having issue with eSIM.

Members can also print out the eSIM QR and scan it with their phone.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Good call. This should save a lot of troubleshooting tickets.

Any updates on when esims will be available for existing accounts, including reissuing of an existing esim?

SeanDem

How do you request your eSIM if you already have an account?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Existing customers have been asking to be able to switch out their physical sim to an esim. Can they do that?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

thanks @Ck_PM  , great and useful feature

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ck_PM  Thanks for update , this is helpful 

Need Help? Let's chat.