cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If text allotment runs out use iMessages with data add on.

ohitora
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I complained earlier that my text allotment had been used up and I was unable to sent or receive texts. Just occurred to me to turn on iMessage which will allow me to message using the inexpensive  PM data add on. .  I'm back to messaging again but ofcourse I can only text to other iPhone users. 

8 REPLIES 8

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ohitora wrote:

I complained earlier that my text allotment had been used up and I was unable to sent or receive texts. Just occurred to me to turn on iMessage which will allow me to message using the inexpensive  PM data add on. .  I'm back to messaging again but ofcourse I can only text to other iPhone users. 

@ohitora  if you have Data plan, all text are unlimited with PM here ( mean text till you drop 
Never mind, you was in cheap plan, I just read your other post

zacharywolfe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

iMessage can be a bit glitchy, I recommend either completely disabling it or disable it and then re enable it. As long as your data is working iMessage should work so its most likely and apple issue.

ohitora
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes I did which seemed a no brainer at that time. But now I'm experiencing problems texting iMessages with PM data. As I posted recently when I'm away from a WIFI source and try to iMessage by PM data the messages show as sent but in fact are not.

zacharywolfe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Alternatively, you could just change your plan as well. Public Mobiles plans are reletively inexpensive compared to other providers. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am a fan of Fongo, but for texts, I would go with Textnow instead.   Textnow supports MMS messaging, which sadly, Fongo does not do well.   

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Yeah, go the wifi texting route... lots of apps and chances are most people you'd normally text are also using them

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You could use a different Internet messaging app to text non iPhone users. Try Fongo

Need Help? Let's chat.