cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6 deployment status

AlexG15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It appears that my mobile IPv4 Internet connection is behind a CGNAT. Does anyone know more details about the IPv6 deployment status and timeline at PublicMobile / Koodo / Telus Mobility?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

AlexG15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can live without it for now, but being behind a NAT and sharing an IPv4 address is mildly annoying. It doesn’t have much impact on my current use of mobile Internet, however. Some services, such as AWS, are beginning to charge more for public IPv4 addresses in order to encourage migration. It’s only a matter of time before something becomes available only on IPv6. IPv6 adoption rates are relatively low in Canada compared to other countries, so I was just curious and could not find anything about it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AlexG15 yes, still on IPv4.  I think Rogers network has full IPV6, not Telus.  Curious, why you need that??

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@AlexG15 

Sorry I don't even know what that tech jargon means.  Not sure if other community members would know.

I would suggest you ask a PM employee. Submit a ticket for Customer service agent help via the chat bot or the following link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.