cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to reactivate my old Sim. How do i go ahead in doing that?

vkumar_39
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to reactive my old sim. How do i go ahead in doing that?

I had already registered for a new Sim, but I haven't received one and it has been almost 2 months.

I already have an SIM that I was using previously. How do i go ahead in re-activating it?

2 REPLIES 2

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you have an old SIM card that was never replaced by another SIM card, it's only a matter of putting it into your phone, and then rebooting it. That said, if your account ever went 91 days unpaid from a payment's due date, your account and SIM card were deactivated, and your phone number was forfeited forever.

If your old SIM card was ever replaced by another card, the old one was deactivated and is therefore useless.

If, according to the above, your SIM card is still valid, access your self-serve account, and click Plans and Add-ons. Several subtabs will appear. Click Change SIM Card. If need be, enter your SIM card's number. Reboot, and you should have service restored instantly.

I hope this has answered your question.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@vkumar_39,

If your account passed 90 days without doing a payment, starts when the status shows EXPIRED, then your account and phone number have been deleted from the system.

You cannot recover your phone number and you cannot reuse your SIM card.

At this moment, Public Mobile is currently in BETA.

They are temporarily accepting new customers only by invitation.

To join the BETA phase, you must register here : http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/beta

You will be contacted by email within a few weeks. Once you receive your invitation code, you will be able to subscribe on Public Mobile and order a free of charge SIM card.

For now, there is no faster way to subscribe on Public Mobile. They are in BETA to make sure everything works perfectly before the official launch.

Need Help? Let's chat.