cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was charged twice in one day?

Motasem_K
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I took a look at my payment history and to my surprise last month i was charged twice on Aug 18 at 6:58am and then on Aug 19 at 6:17am. If some1 can explain why or how i can get money back that would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Motasem_K 

the regular plan renewal process is kinda confusing, if you watch for it. Even if you have a valid credit card set to Subscribed (Autopay)...it looks like PM is waiting for you do manually make a payment. BUT...ignore those prompts and warnings to make a payment. With Subscribed enabled...it'll successfully complete the process later on in the morning.

Did you manually force a payment during renewal ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Motasem_K 

did you make any plan change on Aug 19?

and were the two charges on the credit card or were they on the Payment History on My Account (https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history ) ? 

If they were just on Payment history on My Account, please note that each renewal will show at least two transactions on payment history on My account.  Only one entry shows actual PM charge, show how much PM charged your card and applied the amount to your Available Fund in My Account.  The other entry, likely couple hours later on the same day, will be showing how PM uses the money from your Available fund in My Account for plan renewal.

Post us a screenshot of you have any question:

If you are certain there are more than one posted charge (and not pending) on your credit card and you cannot find where the extra money went, engage support for further investigation by messaging them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Looks more like the next day 🙂
Are they the same amount? Do you see the extra payment in your balance?

Adding - did you do a plan change shortly after renewing or signing up?

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello @Motasem_K 

What you are likely seeing is the renewal process. The card will be charged in order to load funds into the available funds. A little while after the available funds on the account will be used to renew. So it’s normal to see two “charges” (one of the funds loading, then of the funds being used for renewal) on the PM account but if you double check the statements on your payment method you should only see one charge.

If you check your payment card statements and you see more than one charge posted for that period then I would reach out to customer service.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

Need Help? Let's chat.