cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was billed twice

gimigimi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my plan to $40 a month for 14 gig of data, but my account said I have 5 gig of data. And I was charged $40. So I tried changing to $45 20gig of data a month. And I got charged another $45. So as you can see I was charged twice. How do I get my money back? There is nobody to talk to.

25 REPLIES 25

For enhanced clarity, @gimigimi , please take the time to read the Public Mobile article on Changing Plans:

Change your Plan (publicmobile.ca)

@HALIMACS true, it was not "truly" "overcharged".  It was a mistake on OP's end for using "Change plan now"

@gimigimi make sure you bring up the point that: 

It all came down to PM's cached page and showing the wrong info and scared OP and make him to change the plan again.

Make sure they are aware of that.  Honest, PM is always very reasonable and I think it is an easy ask 

@softech 

I'd caution against labeling this an "overcharged amount"

That's not what it is, though the OP views it as such given perhaps their view of what they did vs what they intended to do.

An overcharged amount would be if you selected the $40 plan, but the amount charged to your credit card was more than $40 + tax for your province/territory.

🙂

(EDIT:  though i agree the step taken here should be to credit the available funds vs the payment card refund processing which may likely exceed the time to next renewal...)

@gimigimi wrote:

Are you saying I will not be refunded for a double purchase?

@gimigimi   it all down to CS agent's decision and you have to check with them. We are all just customers like you and try to help

Couple of us already agree you have a strong case and PM will likely refund the overcharged amount or put the amount back into your account for your use in the future (likely for next renewal)

You just need to check your Community inbox for agent's reply and work with them there

Again, you have a strong case and I would not worry at all

Remind me again, what you did @gimigimi 

Did you activate on a plan, then change the plan immediately to another one, thus purchasing another plan immediately, instead of waiting for the initial plan cycle to run to completion?

Public Mobile's 'official' policy is that prepaid service credits are non-refundable.   In this case, they may likely make an exception, but we're NOT public mobile staff, we're customers just like you.

We don't get to make that decision.

Again, good luck!

gimigimi

Are you saying I will not be refunded for a double purchase?

@gimigimi 

1. Did you PLACE the support ticket?
  2. If so, keep checking on the little envelope icon top right for a small number on the envelope.  That will signal a reply.   
  3. Tap on the envelope and review the reply from CS_Agent when received
  4. provide them the information they require
  5. ask for a credit for the amount you paid in excess of what you meant to do
  6. be pleased with the results.

HI @gimigimi 

To me, it's a rookie mistake and the page fail to show the correct plan ,  PM will handle this case properly.  You sound too worry.   No need to worry.

For ticket number, you got the number when you open the time via Chatbot., did you copy it down?  If you just open ticket via direct message then you won't get the ticket yet until they reply

@CS_Agent  , hope you reply @gimigimi ticket quickly

You were not double charged, @gimigimi 

You mistakenly changed your plan (immediately vs on the next cycle), so you effectively purchased an immediate other 30-day cycle.   

Again, it's an honest mistake - however let's call it what it is.

Be respectful and polite with Customer Support staff through the means provided earlier, and they'll likely credit back (to the account, unlikely the payment card) the difference between the two plans.

gimigimi

Hod do I view my ticket?

@gimigimi   you likely will get the refund.

As explained earlier, you just need to open ticket, which you have, then wait for PM support to reply.  Just keep checking Community inbox https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage and then reply their message and work with them.

they likely will reply within  2 to 4 hours.  No worry, it will likely sorted out to your liking

gimigimi

How do I get a refun, as I was double chatged?

Recommend reading before you proceed with a purchase or change on self-serve, @gimigimi 

Much of what you're describing is completely avoidable with even a cursory review of the changes you are proposing to make.

Avoid the frustration after the fact by either:

1. read what you're doing before taking action in self-serve
  2. if you're not 100% certain, ask here in the Community and we'll guide you

Good luck!

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You are posting to a public forum made up of customers. You need to submit a ticket to have your issue resolved. 
This is a prepaid service. You cannot keep changing plans without being charged. Each time you choose to change it will result in a charge. 
You need to have the plan change take affect at your next billing date
Stop making changes and do some research about how things work here at Public Mobile. Hopefully you’ll get reimbursed as this is obviously you didn’t know and it was a mistake. 

@gimigimi  Watch the envelope tab top right corner for reply 

gimigimi

I already opened a ticket, what now?

@gimigimi wrote:

I opened a ticket, and still nothing, how will I know if I will get refund?

@gimigimi   no worry, I am confident you will get a refund.

Support will usually reply within 2 to 4 hours, just monitor your Community inbox and reply them when message come

Please do come back to this post and tell us good news  🙂

gimigimi

I opened a ticket, and still nothing, how will I know if I will get refund?

@gimigimi   you were given two options when you change plan

Change plan now and Change on renewal date

E2-ChangePlanNow.jpg

You probably have been clicking Change plan now and this is the expected behavour.  Change plan now is designed for those who need to change plan urgently to use the extra data.   But most people should use Change on renewal date to avoid situation like yours

Again, no worry, open ticket with PM support and they will sort it out for you

gimigimi

Each time I try a different plan I get charged again. I first tried $40 plan for 14 gig of data, and than I tried changing the plan $45 with 20 gig of data and I got charged another $45 dollars. And my account still shows 5 gig of data. Can you please refund me $45 and change my account back to $40 plan, as I was double charged?

@gimigimi   No need to get upset.  All provider will have some hiccup here and there.  Important thing is to get it sorted out.  (honest, it is more trouble to move provider again)

Please open a ticket with PM support and they will sort this out with you.

@gimigimi @Clear web browser cache or try a different device and or refresh page once signed in 

Try again incognito mode/private mode or simply try refreshing the page on the yellow circle while signed in to public mobile

Handy1_0-1672337415199.jpeg

Refresh page                                  ^^^            

edit if You truly don’t Want to stay with public , I’d advice  you at least stay long enough to get your credits worth of service .public mobile is prepaid so if you left today you would loose your current 30 day plan with no refunds 

gimigimi

This ridiculous, what kind of service is this. I am going with another provider as soon as I can. I went on incognito and it still shows the same $45 plan with 5 gig of data

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gimigimi  The correct plan might have changed and  you might be viewing cached page and have the confusion.

It was still day 1 of the new plan ? or at least the first 3 days?  No worry, open ticket with PM support and explan what happened, they might be able to reverse one of the transactions

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

And for future reference.  ALWAYS use Incognito mode to check My Account.  There is some browser cache problem with this site and only Incognito mode can assure you get the correct information

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@gimigimi @If your were charged twice , pm will credit you account towards next cycle .also there cache problems right now try and log in again incognito you should see the right plan 

but you can contact agent to confirm 

Getting help from agent , through automation

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.      

Or  get direct help from a agent right here in the community ( my preferred choice )

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Need Help? Let's chat.