I want to suspend this account,

marc8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to suspend this account,my sons phone is broken and he has no money

9 REPLIES 9

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@marc8 

Remember not to go over 90 days or he will lose his phone number and will need to activate new SIM.

Another option is to change his plan to $15/month if his plan is higher.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Remove autopay, remove credit card (just in case), suspend account manually

Yummy_0-1643155414853.png

Remember to renew - activate account before 90th day of suspension or you (your son) will lose his phone number and account will be cancelled - deleted.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@marc8 wrote:

I want to suspend this account,my sons phone is broken and he has no money

@marc8 

Sorry to hear of this situation.

You have a few options:

1. if you have a payment card registered on the account, sign into your self-serve and click on the Payment tab and entirely remove your payment card
  2. if there is an available balance amount showing, the renewal will draw upon those funds to cover the amount of the next renewal (presuming the available funds is equal to or greater than the renewal amount)
  3. if your son wishes to retain the number for future use, the account will need to be reactivated within 90 days from when it becomes suspended in order to retain the public mobile account/number
  4. if you use the "lost/stolen" feature to 'pause' services, be sure to make a note to reactivate within 90 ndays

Hope everything works out.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@marc8  - if you have a credit card registered on the account, call 611 from the device to disable Autopay. If there are not enough funds in the account to renew the plan then it will go into Suspend/nonpay status.

Just remember to make a payment and resume services before 90 days are up in this status.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @marc8   

The best way to suspend the account is to either click Lost/Stolen from My Account , or disable Autopay from My Account and let the plan goes into Suspended at the end of the current cycle.

Please remember you have 90 days after suspended stage to reactivate the service.  After 90 days, your account will be cancelled and you will lost your phone number

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@marc8 

I suggest you go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. This will prevent autopay from engaging on renewal. You will have 89/90 days from the renewal date to pay and reactivate before the account us cancelled and deactivated and the phone number lost.

By doing it this way rather than removing autopay you will retain active voicemail service that you can access by calling the phone number and pressing "*" when it connects and entering the the 4 digit voicemail pin #. Or disable autopay.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@marc8    Log into your account and remove any payment card or disable the Autopay or if his account has a balance enough to cover any payments due, then select the Plans/Add-ons tab, then Lost/Stolen, Suspend Service.  If you select this option, then you need to Resume Service to be able to get phone service again.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@marc8 

We are all PM customers here, just like you.

The easiest way to suspend future payments would be to log in to your son's self serve account and disable autopay. Are you able to do this?

Need Help? Let's chat.