cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to quit

Yahyamehrabi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need discount after 18 months with public when I wanted to quit from my jome internet  service they gave  me 10$ discount  but public didn't do that i want to quit because of it is unreasonable price after 18 months stay with this operator they charge me mor ...

13 REPLIES 13

@kahull   maybe it is too late.. OP said "never come back"

but honest, if OP is looking for high volume data plan, or family plan, then a bundle plan could be better

kahull

You’d be hard pressed to find a better deal out there with all of the perks that PM offers.  This is the best deal I could find in my search last month.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Yahyamehrabi

Sorry to hear you are so dissatisfied with the pricing of your services with Public Mobile. We are only trying to point out the value of having a $$ rewards account that others would dearly love to have....best of luck in your search for better pricing. I hope you find what you are looking for?

Yahyamehrabi

I will go to test and never come back 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good luck in finding a better deal anywhere. 

@Yahyamehrabi worst? How?  just because of the price?  

which plan do you have now?  And yiu are enjoying $2 autopay discount and $1 loyalty discount per cycle?

Understand your internet provider able to bundle them with other services to lower the price, that's  the tactics for Tier 1 providers.

Tier 3 providers only provide phone service and no other services and hence they cannot give bundle discount.  It is a sad fact but this is PM's market position.   I don't see this make it a worst operator:)

If you decide to move away to your internet provider with your current phone number, .make sure your PM account is active for porting to complete.  Also, provide your new carrier your PM's account number instead of IMEI for smoother porting experience 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Yahyamehrabi wrote:

I need discount after 18 months with public when I wanted to quit from my jome internet  service they gave  me 10$ discount  but public didn't do that i want to quit because of it is unreasonable price after 18 months stay with this operator they charge me mor ...

PM will give you credit if you referral friend, co-workers or  family member to join PM. For instance I referred 10 friends to join PM so I get $10 credit for every 30 days plan, and I have joint PM for 4 years so I get $4 fcredit for every 30 days plan, and I enabled auto pay so I get $2 every 30 days plan, therefor I get $16 credit for every 30 days plan. I have $25 plan, so I only pay $9 for every 30 days plan! Sometimes I get reword from community, I will pay less too.

For my 4 years experience with PM, I am very happy with PM!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Yahyamehrabi 

Keep in mind you are grandfathered into the old $$ rewards program if you leave you will lose access to this program.** While public mobile doesn't offer retention discounts they constantly update their plan offerings. While the $15 and $25 plans remain unchanged every other plan has changed offering more data and/or faster data speeds for the same or less money. Have you checked out the current plans in your self serve account? Like the $30/3gb "3G" plan or the $40/15gb "4G" plan?

Public mobile does not increase the price of your plan on an annual or semi-annual basis and for the most part will not increase the cost of a grandfathered (legacy) plan. You are free to schedule a change plan on next renewal to a new plan every 30 days if you want to see if different plans will suit your needs. If you visit the community on a regular basis you will stay on top of the latest plans and promotions and which ones are available to existing customers.

Don't forget that pm offers the "more is merrier" promotion every December that gives away free holiday bonus data and international calling minutes add ons. Other than the 15 day US Roaming add ons the add ons you purchase or are gifted to you have no expiry and roll over every 30 days. Other provider's add ons expire every 30 days and are automatically charged to your account for the next billing period if you do not cancel them within a specified period of time.

**If you still plan on leaving and want to pass your account on to someone who will appreciate having it you can contact me via private message as I am always seeking rewards accounts to pass on to a growing list of people on low or fixed incomes desperately seeking a $$ rewards account that will allow them to lower the cost of their mobile services rather than see it increase like most providers.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I can understand wanting to leave Public Mobile for the fact that it's no frills, but to leave over price? I'd love to know where you're finding as reliable of a service that is materially cheaper.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Yahyamehrabi wrote:

@Yahyamehrabi

You must be on the old PM rewards system after your activation18 months ago.

If you enabled autopay, you will get $2 off per 30 days.

On your first anniversary date, you will get another $1 off from your 13th to 24th months.

For your first year, you received $2 off per 30 days, roughly $24 discount for the first year.

For your second year, you are getting $3/m discount, $36 discount for the second year.

For your third year with PM, you are getting $48.discount

For your fourth year with PM, you are getting $60 discount

From your fifth year with PM, you will get $7/m, $84 per year as long as you stay with PM.

With PM rewards system, you get discount on your first day with PM.  You don't have to wait for 18 month and beg for discount.

@Yahyamehrabi 

"the worst" huh ? You must be new around here.

Wait until you get a taste of the other guys...you'll be back !!

Yahyamehrabi

The worst operator that I have known 

@Yahyamehrabi wrote:

Sorry, but there aren't any retention price plans available.

Need Help? Let's chat.